ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statements lost in post!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lizziet

Bank statements lost in post!

Post by lizziet » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:48 pm

Hi
My husband submitted his online application for a spouse visa in his home country on 20th July and the first available appointment to submit his documentation was 16th August, which we booked. He has my bank statements up until June, but all the more recent statements I have sent in the post have not arrived yet and his appointment is next Monday! What should we do? Will they accept copies or online printouts if we explain what happened? I don't see what else we can do now - even the statement posted on 15th July hasn't arrived so far.
I'm so worried!

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Bank statements lost in post!

Post by ElenaW » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:34 am

lizziet wrote:Hi
My husband submitted his online application for a spouse visa in his home country on 20th July and the first available appointment to submit his documentation was 16th August, which we booked. He has my bank statements up until June, but all the more recent statements I have sent in the post have not arrived yet and his appointment is next Monday! What should we do? Will they accept copies or online printouts if we explain what happened? I don't see what else we can do now - even the statement posted on 15th July hasn't arrived so far.
I'm so worried!
Copies are ok if they're signed and dated by the bank.

lizziet

Post by lizziet » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:23 am

Thanks elena, but it's too late for that because the post takes 2 weeks to arrive and his appointment is next monday! Is it worth putting in scanned photocopies (i can send him in an email) an explaining the originals didnt arrive?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:30 am

lizziet wrote:Thanks elena, but it's too late for that because the post takes 2 weeks to arrive and his appointment is next monday! Is it worth putting in scanned photocopies (i can send him in an email) an explaining the originals didnt arrive?
Can't you use fedex or something? They offer next day delivery. It's expensive but not as expensive as paying the application fee twice. I'm fairly certain that they don't accept copies of bank statements.

Where does your husband live?

lizziet

Post by lizziet » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:57 am

The problem is i dont have the originals anymore - i sent 2 lots in the post. I could go to the bank now and try to get something from them now, but i would need to be able to get them today! Thanks for yr help.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:12 pm

lizziet wrote:The problem is i dont have the originals anymore - i sent 2 lots in the post. I could go to the bank now and try to get something from them now, but i would need to be able to get them today! Thanks for yr help.
If you say you will pay for them, then I am sure you will get them to print them off there and then and get the manager to certify them as being genuine copies of your banks transactions.

It is a long shot, but if you have an email of teh post where your hubbys applied, you can scan and email ito them with an explanation why you are sending these copies now. Its a long shot and they will probally not accept them, but its bettter then them not having them in the first place.

Maybe the ECO might be sympathetic and in a cheerful mood at the time he looks at it and give you benefit of doubt.

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:33 pm

Hi

I have second thoughts.First apply with attested email bank statement with a letter explaining that your statement are lost in post.

Second when you get yours statement by post then send to Embassy with cover letter that you have received statements and send with your application ref no,passport no and date of birth.

Sometimes posts reached late so send it latter with a letter.

Ali

lizziet

Post by lizziet » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:55 pm

Thanks guys! I just looked online and it seems we could change the appointment to weds - that would give me time to Fedex them! Or do u think its not a good idea to change it so close to the date? His appt is monday at 10am.

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:03 pm

lizziet wrote:Thanks guys! I just looked online and it seems we could change the appointment to weds - that would give me time to Fedex them! Or do u think its not a good idea to change it so close to the date? His appt is monday at 10am.
Ya this is good idea change appointment.

Ring and ask for next early date.

Ali

lizziet

Post by lizziet » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:29 pm

Ok i've been to the bank but they will only give me a printout, unsigned, with a brief covering letter. Is it worth paying £78 to send it or should we change the appointment for 2 weeks time and i can send originals by Fedex? Will changing the appointment be detrimental to our application? Sorry to ask again but i'm so stressed!

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:13 pm

lizziet wrote:Ok i've been to the bank but they will only give me a printout, unsigned, with a brief covering letter. Is it worth paying £78 to send it or should we change the appointment for 2 weeks time and i can send originals by Fedex? Will changing the appointment be detrimental to our application? Sorry to ask again but i'm so stressed!
No at all.............. :roll:

Ali

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:37 pm

Lizziet check your PM box please