ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependant app supporting docs - Out of country

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

buzz_dilli

Tier 1 dependant app supporting docs - Out of country

Post by buzz_dilli » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:43 am

Hello folks,

I got my T1 visa stamped in May 2010 and now applying for my dependants to accompany me since i have landed a job in UK. I should mention that i have not travelled to UK yet. Please can you provide any inputs based upon your experience if the following list of docs should suffice as far as the supporting evidence to Tier 1 dependant application goes. Your help in this regard is appreciated!

1. Application form VAF10 per dependant (Spouse and 2 children)
2. 2 recent passport size photographs per dependant
3. Original passports for all dependants
4. Relationship evidence: Marriage certificate for spouse; Birth certificates for children
5. Consolidated Bank statements for accounts showing sufficient funds for maintenance for past 3 months
6. Letter from bank confirming funds required for maintenance have been in savings account since last 3 months (greater than £5600)
7. Copy of T1 General visa passport page
8. Employment confirmation letter from the UK employer highlighting start date and annual salary

Thanks!

buzz_dilli

Post by buzz_dilli » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:17 pm

Folks - Any takers on this one? Most threads on the similar topic are focused where the main applicant (T1 holder) is already in the UK and has lived there for a while.

Thanks again for helping out with this!

buzz_dilli

One more bump!

Post by buzz_dilli » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:07 am

Folks - Any takers on this one, please.

@Sush - Please can i get your attention on this one.

Thanks!

ganeshptrk

Post by ganeshptrk » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:42 pm

Relationship Evidence: Also include these. Marriage invitation, few marriage photos with groups.
Letter from employer is optional, but no harm to include.
Sponsorship letter from Main Applicant (you)

buzz_dilli

Post by buzz_dilli » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:00 pm

ganeshptrk wrote:Relationship Evidence: Also include these. Marriage invitation, few marriage photos with groups.
Letter from employer is optional, but no harm to include.
Sponsorship letter from Main Applicant (you)
Thanks Ganesh, for pointing these out. Some clarification though will help. Can you point out to any section in the documentation that talks about marriage photos with groups? Also, does it mean that the marriage certificate by itself will not suffice?

Folks,
Any sponsorship letters format available here that you can point to?

Thanks for your help.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:19 pm

Thanks Ganesh, for pointing these out. Some clarification though will help. Can you point out to any section in the documentation that talks about marriage photos with groups? Also, does it mean that the marriage certificate by itself will not suffice?
There are a few members who have got their dependant visa rejected because the case worker may not have thought the marriage was genuine. There is not section which asks you about group photos. Infact, it doesnt even ask for a marriage photo and/or invitation. We tend to include them in the set of documents to submit just to make the case worker believe that the marriage is a genuine one. Reading the below thread might help!!!

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... =dependant

buzz_dilli

Post by buzz_dilli » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:30 pm

aruni4470 wrote: There are a few members who have got their dependant visa rejected because the case worker may not have thought the marriage was genuine. There is not section which asks you about group photos. Infact, it doesnt even ask for a marriage photo and/or invitation. We tend to include them in the set of documents to submit just to make the case worker believe that the marriage is a genuine one. Reading the below thread might help!!!

@Aruni - Sure. Thanks for pointing that out. I looked at the thread and even though we dont fall into recently married category, i understand it would be better if we can supply that evidence. It would be great if you can point out to any other missing pieces from my checklist.

Thanks again!

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:26 pm

buzz_dilli wrote:
aruni4470 wrote: There are a few members who have got their dependant visa rejected because the case worker may not have thought the marriage was genuine. There is not section which asks you about group photos. Infact, it doesnt even ask for a marriage photo and/or invitation. We tend to include them in the set of documents to submit just to make the case worker believe that the marriage is a genuine one. Reading the below thread might help!!!

@Aruni - Sure. Thanks for pointing that out. I looked at the thread and even though we dont fall into recently married category, i understand it would be better if we can supply that evidence. It would be great if you can point out to any other missing pieces from my checklist.

Thanks again!
My dependants visa (2006 & 2009) in india were always approved without any problems and again in the shortest possible time, i.e 2/3 days. Documents which you mentioned are more than enough. Be sure to include copy of your passport and visa and also a letter to BHC from you saying that you will be responsible for their all expenses in the UK including travel. I did same in my latest successful application for Tier 1. I never used any wedding photos for visa applications. I will suggest to keep your application as simple as possible and provide quality documents.

buzz_dilli

Post by buzz_dilli » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:30 pm

manojk005 wrote:My dependants visa (2006 & 2009) in india were always approved without any problems and again in the shortest possible time, i.e 2/3 days. Documents which you mentioned are more than enough. Be sure to include copy of your passport and visa and also a letter to BHC from you saying that you will be responsible for their all expenses in the UK including travel. I did same in my latest successful application for Tier 1. I never used any wedding photos for visa applications. I will suggest to keep your application as simple as possible and provide quality documents.
Thank you, Manoj! Your inputs are appreciated here!

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:52 pm

I would suggest to include as much evidence as possible in regards to proving the relationship and subsistence of relationship especially those who apply for dependant visa immediately after they get married. All the best!!!

buzz_dilli

Short on maintenance funds ?

Post by buzz_dilli » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:27 am

Hi folks,

Looks like i miscalculated the minimum maintenance funds amount that i am required to show. So earlier i had thought that to be £5600, which was based on 3 dependants and myself - £800 (for myself) and £4800 (for 3 dependants). But having gone through my earlier notes, it seems that i need to show £2800 for myself, thereby increasing the minimum maintenance funds amount requirement to £7600 in my case.

Please can someone confirm/clarify. Also, if the correct amount is £7600 indeed then is it okay to show this money from 2 separate accounts, in that i (main applicant) is the account holder and the other one being held by my spouse (one of the dependants).

Thanks again for helping out!

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:16 pm

Yes' that should work. Remember to include a sponsorship letter from your spouse as well.

buzz_dilli

Post by buzz_dilli » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:49 pm

hsmp1412 wrote:Yes' that should work. Remember to include a sponsorship letter from your spouse as well.
Sure, will do! Thanks for the confirmation there.

Guess i need clarification on another point now. My bank statements are generated starting from the 18th to the 17th of the next month. Assuming i am planning to apply on the 20th Aug, should i wait to receive the Aug statement (ending 17th Aug) since the July statement would be more than 30 days old. Perhaps this is going to mean another weeks' wait but i would rather do that than taking any chances.

Thanks.

msukrocky
Newly Registered

Post by msukrocky » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:49 pm

buzz_dilli wrote:
hsmp1412 wrote:Yes' that should work. Remember to include a sponsorship letter from your spouse as well.
Sure, will do! Thanks for the confirmation there.

Guess i need clarification on another point now. My bank statements are generated starting from the 18th to the 17th of the next month. Assuming i am planning to apply on the 20th Aug, should i wait to receive the Aug statement (ending 17th Aug) since the July statement would be more than 30 days old. Perhaps this is going to mean another weeks' wait but i would rather do that than taking any chances.

Thanks.
Yes you have to submit the Aug statements, if not it will rejected stating that the documents does not cover the period you have applied.
eg: Statements generated till July 17th, required to submit before august 17th

tsadeel79

Bank statement query urgent help please!

Post by tsadeel79 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:14 pm

Hi Guys,
I need urgent help from you guys. Recent I order my bank statement from bank covering period from 1st May 2010 to 3rd August 2010. Today I have received my bank statement but strangely on first page of statement have my Name, Address, Account No & sort code. But period it showing start from 2nd July to 3rd August.
In rest of other pages in statement it covers period from 1st May 2010 to 3rd August 2010 also have my only my name, a/c & sort code no address. Is that OK? Only first page getting some confusion which tell that only last month statement but in statement it has covering all last 3 month period.
Please guy advice as I need to apply my dependent visa next week.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Bank statement query urgent help please!

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:46 pm

tsadeel79 wrote:Hi Guys,
I need urgent help from you guys. Recent I order my bank statement from bank covering period from 1st May 2010 to 3rd August 2010. Today I have received my bank statement but strangely on first page of statement have my Name, Address, Account No & sort code. But period it showing start from 2nd July to 3rd August.
In rest of other pages in statement it covers period from 1st May 2010 to 3rd August 2010 also have my only my name, a/c & sort code no address. Is that OK? Only first page getting some confusion which tell that only last month statement but in statement it has covering all last 3 month period.

Thanks
If the policy guidance does not state that address is mandatory on the statement, then you may use the pages that cover period 1May-3Aug and just ignore the page covering only Jul-Aug (i.e.- not send it).

regards

tsadeel79

Post by tsadeel79 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:02 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
tsadeel79 wrote:Hi Guys,

Thanks
If the policy guidance does not state that address is mandatory on the statement, then you may use the pages that cover period 1May-3Aug and just ignore the page covering only Jul-Aug (i.e.- not send it).

regards
@sushdmehta
thankx but normally bank statement is use as proof of address as well so i was thinking to leave first page as it is, it can help me as proof of address. what do you think or first page will have bad impact?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:06 pm

tsadeel79 wrote:normally bank statement is use as proof of address
Where did you get that from? Don't assume things ... follow the policy guidance if you don't want to risk refusal.

Address proof: tenancy agreement, council tax dill, utility statements etc.

regards

tsadeel79

Post by tsadeel79 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:17 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
tsadeel79 wrote:normally bank statement is use as proof of address
Where did you get that from? Don't assume things ... follow the policy guidance if you don't want to risk refusal.

Address proof: tenancy agreement, council tax dill, utility statements etc.

regards
@sushdmehta
For proof of address I have only tenancy agreement, P60 tax document, driving licence, mobile bill but not have council tax dill and utility statements as my all bills and council tax included in my rent:(.
Is that ok? Please advice!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:17 pm

Tenancy agreement is good enough ( as proof of address).

regards

tsadeel79

Post by tsadeel79 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:20 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Tenancy agreement is good enough ( as proof of address).

regards
@sushdmehta
thankx.. so i m not sending first page which say 2nd july to 3 august. Is that ok?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:27 pm

As advised a while ago, read the policy guidance and act accordingly.

regards

buzz_dilli

Tier 1 dependant visa - final list

Post by buzz_dilli » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:52 pm

Hello folks,

I got my T1 visa stamped in May 2010 and now applying for my dependants to accompany me since i have landed a job in UK. I should mention that i have not travelled to UK yet. Here is my final list towards my dependants application (spouse and 2 kids). Will be great if you can confirm that all looks good on this list.

1. Application form VAF10 per dependant (Spouse and 2 children)
2. 2 recent passport size photographs per dependant
3. Original passports for all dependants
4. Relationship evidence: Marriage certificate for spouse; Birth certificates for children
5. Consolidated Bank statements for accounts showing sufficient funds for maintenance for past 3 months (statement ending June 18, July 18, August 18)
6. Letter from bank confirming funds, greater than £7600, required for maintenance have been in savings account since last 3 months ( June 1 to Aug 31)
7. Copy of my T1 General visa passport page
8. Sponsorship letter
9. Employment confirmation letter from the UK employer highlighting start date and annual salary

Thanks for your responses! Please point out in case anything is being missed here.