ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Decision from Upper Tribunal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

melliek11

Decision from Upper Tribunal

Post by melliek11 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:23 am

Hi Guys,

I am waiting for a visa appeal decision and its now been 3 weeks. I know these things can take time but am thinking that because its taking a long time maybe its been allowed,

I know there is no way of telling but from the things i have read, allowed appeals have always taken ages and the ones that have been dismised come extremely quickly.

Any ideas

Melanie

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:30 am

Be patient. Appeals may take months to reach a decision.

regards

haze
Newly Registered

Post by haze » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:51 pm

I wish you Its positive decision, but I dont think that time is relevant for the outcome of it. You have judges who type their determinations themeselves and the others that dont do. Former usualy takes longer than the the latter to promulgate their decisions.

melliek11

Post by melliek11 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:20 pm

Hi Sushdmehta

I am running out of patience very fast lol, Hopefully it wont be months

Thanks Haze

This waiting is a nightmare. I just called the tribunal service and they said it still hasnt been sent out, another LONG weekend lol

Melanie

haze
Newly Registered

Post by haze » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:22 pm

I used to love weekends but since this trouble started with immigration I hate weekends when I know that nothing is happening. I keep phoning UT every monday and I cant wait for weekend to be over to give them another call. Its been 3 moths since I was given permission to appeal to the UT and every monday I get the same answer "your case is with the listing section". I bet if there is some humidy air there that the mushrooms have started growing on the top of my file. And this is the third time my case is being delayed for no reason. First they lost the notice of appeal in the embassy and i was never issued AIT 11 notice of appeal pending form. My appeal bundle arrived in the UK but embassy forgot to inform the tribunal of the lodgement of the appeal. The deadline date was broken by 3 moths. Than my first appeal in front of first tier tribunal was adjourned 2 days before it was meant to take place for 2 months and now even the Upper tribunal keeps my case for exactly 3 months in the listing section. The system is totaly disgracefull when it comes to my case.
Last edited by haze on Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

melliek11

Post by melliek11 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:32 pm

Oh Dear, they really do take the P, i call nearly every single day and i will continue to do so untill they tell me its sent.

They are so rude aswell, its a joke how they have kept you waiting all this time, i really do feel for you. This is a living Hell, all this waiting around never knowing what tomorrow brings. You cant make any plans just in case a date comes up.

I realy hope you hear soon take care!!

Melanie

JeJe
Newly Registered

Post by JeJe » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:02 am

Hi.

I'm in the same position right now.
Please, it you still on this forum can you tell me how long you were waiting for your decision?

Thanks.

melliek11

Post by melliek11 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:40 am

Hi

I think it took about 6 weeks after we went to the upper tribunal before we heard back from them. I hope you hear sooner than this!

they take forever

if i can be anymore help just ask

melanie

melliek11

update and help please

Post by melliek11 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:36 pm

This is gonna be a long one im afraid, basically the original post was a long time ago, this appeal at the upper tribunal was refused.

We have since applied for an eea family permit using the zambrano ruling (this was on another post), this was refused. we apealed against this decision and recieved a court date 2nd october just gone. Since the refusal we applied for a settlement visa, this was also refused. it was refused on maintenence and human rights, they said that we could move and have a life in turkey. we appealed against this decision also.

Anyway, i went to court on the 2nd october and the baraster asked that the judge hear both the appeals on the same day, he listened to all the evidence and said he would let us know.

4 weeks later (last week) i recieved the judge's determination and he had allowed it on the immigration rules that the settlement ws refused on and also human rights.

i am over the moon, but terrified that the homeoffice will appeal against the judges decision. also i am so worried taht they will question why its been allowed and the appeal hasnt even come yet, (the pending appeal notice was march next year).

if anyone knows of this happening before please can you help me, its just i cannot wait a full 12 weeks not knowing if my husband is actually gonna be granted the visa or not.

sorry for the confussing post, i hope i havent made it to hard to understand.

any help would be great

melanie