ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Suggested letter format when requesting for the SAR file

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Suggested letter format when requesting for the SAR file

Post by optimist_eternal » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:55 pm

Date:

To,
DPU SAR
The UK Border Agency
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Subject: Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Ma’am

My name is ‘BBA’, Date of Birth ‘X’, my nationality is ‘state your nationality’, my passport number ‘Y’ and my Home Office Reference number ‘give your HO reference number, if you have one’.

I write this letter in connection with the Subject Access Request (SAR).

Please find enclosed along with this letter:

1. A cheque of £10 payable to ‘The Home Office Accounting Officer’.
2. A photo copy of my passport.
3. Documents (for proof of residence etc.)

I would be grateful if my complete personal information i.e. all documents which the Home Office holds about me in their files is sent to me to the postal address as stated at the end of this letter.

In case you need any further information from me, please also write to this same postal address and/or call me on the phone number ‘Z’.

I look forward to receiving the SAR file from you soon.

Many Thanks and Kind Regards,

- signature -

(Full Name)
Postal Address

alikhan28
BANNED

Re: Suggested letter format when requesting for the SAR file

Post by alikhan28 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:54 pm

optimist_eternal wrote:Date:

To,
DPU SAR
The UK Border Agency
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Subject: Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Ma’am

My name is ‘BBA’, Date of Birth ‘X’, my nationality is ‘state your nationality’, my passport number ‘Y’ and my Home Office Reference number ‘give your HO reference number, if you have one’.

I write this letter in connection with the Subject Access Request (SAR).

Please find enclosed along with this letter:

1. A cheque of £10 payable to ‘The Home Office Accounting Officer’.
2. A photo copy of my passport.
3. Documents (for proof of residence etc.)

I would be grateful if my complete personal information i.e. all documents which the Home Office holds about me in their files is sent to me to the postal address as stated at the end of this letter.

In case you need any further information from me, please also write to this same postal address and/or call me on the phone number ‘Z’.

I look forward to receiving the SAR file from you soon.

Many Thanks and Kind Regards,

- signature -

(Full Name)
Postal Address
what about if someone want to have his sac file from overseas like India or Pakistan?

Is this possible?

Ali

manas_datta
Newly Registered

Post by manas_datta » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:49 pm

The Home Office rules say that nationality or country of residence do not matter as long as there is evidence of the person's identity. So yes, you can send an SAR even from abroad.

wiggsy

Post by wiggsy » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:54 am

just to make note on this, you can request a copy of ALL information they hold which is considered your personal information.

This includes:

1) CCTV
2) Email
3) Photographs
4) clerical files
5) electronic documents
6) call recordings (or at the very least transcripts)
7) and anything else you can think of.

You can request this information from EVERYWHERE the home office have offices this includes overseas departments (as aquired in my wifes recent SAR)

We have submitted a complaint to the ICO as the home office failed to supply CCTV and a lot of clerical records.

Also, as the UKBA was part of the home office (it is now litterally a department of the home office) send your request to the HOME OFFICE DO NOT ADDRESS IT TO UKBA.

Request a copy of all information held by the home office and their subsidary organisations.

- im not sure if such a request would cover the Police though, but I would imagine so, as the home office have full access to the Police National Computer system.

calls to most departments are automatically recorded on their Automated Call Distribution (ACD) system. Calls can be searched for by external telephone number, date and time.

therefore include ALL addresses you have lived at, (including overseas)
all telephone numbers
all email addresses etc

you have to give them enough info to identify you. the more info they can get from you to help their search the better (the more you can learn on what they know about you the better, so help them out a little to trace the info).

NOTE: They can only store information that is relevant.

[edit]

just noticed the date on this thread... why did it show on the first page?...