ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about Dependent visa for Tier1 (Maintenance funds)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

random.thoughts
India

Questions about Dependent visa for Tier1 (Maintenance funds)

Post by random.thoughts » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:02 pm

Hi,
I am presently in the UK for the last 2.5 years and I would like to get my wife as a dependent. I have 3 questions

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... entofunds/

1) The above link does not say how long the funds need to be maintained for? I am showing bank statements for the Period Feb 9 to Aug 9 i.e, 6 months. Is that enough ? Also the Feb 9 transactions start in the middle of the page and in the first entries i.e, on the Jan 25 etc my bank balance is about £1500. Will this be a problem? Should I explicitly write in my covering letter that please consider the period from Feb 9 (and ignore the first 2-3 lines in the bank statement?)

2) Also there is a question "Expected finish date for job". I am in a permie role, so should I just leave that empty ?

3) I get confused with ECNR. My wife's passport was issued in November 2007 and it says "Emigration check required for UAE, Saudi, Qatar, ...." (no UK mentioned). Does that mean I dont have to do anything? She can just travel right?

destiniation_london

Re: Questions about Dependent visa for Tier1 (Maintenance fu

Post by destiniation_london » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:43 pm

random.thoughts wrote:Hi,
I am presently in the UK for the last 2.5 years and I would like to get my wife as a dependent. I have 3 questions

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... entofunds/

1) The above link does not say how long the funds need to be maintained for? I am showing bank statements for the Period Feb 9 to Aug 9 i.e, 6 months. Is that enough ? Also the Feb 9 transactions start in the middle of the page and in the first entries i.e, on the Jan 25 etc my bank balance is about £1500. Will this be a problem? Should I explicitly write in my covering letter that please consider the period from Feb 9 (and ignore the first 2-3 lines in the bank statement?)

You need to show maintenance funds just for the last 3 months. Don't add complexity to your application by adding unnecessary documents.
2) Also there is a question "Expected finish date for job". I am in a permie role, so should I just leave that empty ?
You can mention the end date of your Tier 1 visa or leave it blank. I suppose it does not really matter.
3) I get confused with ECNR. My wife's passport was issued in November 2007 and it says "Emigration check required for UAE, Saudi, Qatar, ...." (no UK mentioned). Does that mean I dont have to do anything? She can just travel right?

Yes, she can.
I would suggest you to thoroughly read through the
policy guidance notes

You will get quite a lot of your questions answered. For rest, this forum is always there.