ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (general) dependant refused..appeal or reapply ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

v3

Tier 1 (general) dependant refused..appeal or reapply ?

Post by v3 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:18 pm

I got rejection today for my daughter's Tier 1 (general) dependant application for my daughter(baby few months old). The reason given by the ECO was that:"You have provided evidence of your mother's status as Tier 1 (General) Migrant, however you have not provided evidence of your father's status in the united kingdom.The immigration rules are specific that both of your parents must have Entry clearance at the same time as the applicant".

I am in UK and my wife had gone for my daughters delivery in india. my wife has seperate Tier1 visa and same case with me. we taught of making our daughter her dependant so we didnt submit my passport copies!! tht is stupidest mistake we did..we cud have attached copies of my passport..i know we did this mistake now wht do you think is quickest way to amend it

1. fill the form and send the copies of my visa/passport pages, copies of necessary information .. to chennai ? are we allowed to reapply I mean fresh application instead of appealing after visa has been rejected..this was no where mentioned in the refusal letter so i am not sure if we can do fresh application ?

2. we need to send via post to chennai high commision right ?? no originals right i mean passport etc they have clearly mentioned dont send originals but only send supporting copies of required documents.

3. If it is a fresh application ..then do i have to answer yes/no for question "Have you ever been refused a VISA to any contry including UK?

Thanks all for your time in advance

cheers
cheers
v3

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:30 pm

Yes, you are allowed to re-apply. It doesn't matter if you have been rejected.

Provide your passport copy too with the application.

Answer 'yes' to question and mention all the details correctly. Also attach a copy of rejection letter along with the application. Explain your rejection in the covering letter.

v3

re

Post by v3 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:42 pm

Thanks for quick reply. One more question

Are we allowed to appeal and then say after a month if we have not heard back can we do fresh application before we hear appeal result ?
cheers
v3

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:24 am

Please don't make multiple posts on the same topic.

regards

trulynice
Newly Registered

Re: re

Post by trulynice » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:25 am

v3 wrote:Thanks for quick reply. One more question

Are we allowed to appeal and then say after a month if we have not heard back can we do fresh application before we hear appeal result ?
Yes you can withdraw your appeal after a month(anytime) and then re apply fresh. I have verified this.

v3

Post by v3 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:44 pm

thanks all...

I am sending my appeal with passport copies..will wait for 20+ days and then reapply
cheers
v3

msukrocky
Newly Registered

Post by msukrocky » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:44 pm

trulynice wrote:

Yes you can withdraw your appeal after a month(anytime) and then re apply fresh. I have verified this.
Quick question, how many chances we get once the UK Dependent visa was refused for the first time.Any idea.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:08 pm

msukrocky wrote:
trulynice wrote:

Quick question, how many chances we get once the UK Dependent visa was refused for the first time.Any idea.
Chances of what?

regards

msukrocky
Newly Registered

Post by msukrocky » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:53 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
msukrocky wrote:
trulynice wrote:

Chances of what?

regards
well i mean, number of times you can reapply eg: if a person got rejected 2 times and dont want to go for appeal. Sounds crazy but i want to know the information. Sorry if this is wasting your time :cry:

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:36 pm

You are allowed to apply as many times as you want.

The only time when you are banned for 10 years is when you have deceived some documents or representation in your application, which i believe is not the case with you.

So, you can keep on applying as long as you are ok to pay huge fee again :)

msukrocky
Newly Registered

Post by msukrocky » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:01 am

destiniation_london wrote:You are allowed to apply as many times as you want.

The only time when you are banned for 10 years is when you have deceived some documents or representation in your application, which i believe is not the case with you.

funny aye :twisted:, thanks for the information.

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:14 am

msukrocky wrote:
destiniation_london wrote:You are allowed to apply as many times as you want.

funny aye :twisted:, thanks for the information.
That is not funny 8). That is what the rule says...
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

v3

re: refund for withdrawing application ?

Post by v3 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:16 pm

Hi

I had sent my appeal and no response yet ( couple of week) ..on speaking to BHC, Tribunals and VFS uk i figured out it will take atleast 1-3 months for appeal to be considered at post (chennai)..so wht we did is: fresh application yesterday after having sent in writting to BHC, tribunals my withdrawal.

i receieved call from BHC today saying they recieved my appeal and would make decission in 10 days.

I have 2 questions here

1> can my withdraw my reapplication and get refund of fees?
2> will there be problem if both refusal application and fresh application being processed in parallel ? Altough i have sent/emailed in writting to withdraw my appeal against refusal

Thanks for your time
cheers
v3

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:25 pm

1. You may withdraw your (fresh) application but the fees will not be refunded.
2. SeeAPL1.20 and APL1.21

regards

v3

Post by v3 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:30 pm

wow !! that was pretty quick

thanks for your input.
cheers
v3