ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document requirements question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

naveenky
Newly Registered

Document requirements question

Post by naveenky » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:15 pm

Hi

I got a new passport in india about 6 months ago. The old passport was canceled and returned. But I have misplaced the old passport some where.

I understand that I need to provide the both the passports to the immigration officer when going for stamping.

Since I have lost the old passport I tried to put a police complaint for a FIR copy for the old passport but the police said that since its old passport is not valid and no valid visas are available on that they are not ready to take the complaint as its not required any further.

But since I have to provide all the previous visits to UK when applying for tier2. Though I have the data with me as I have the scanned document of the old passport I am bit confused on how to convince the Immigration officer that my old passport is lost with out documentary evidence.

Would it really effect my application with out the old passport....if yes how do I get over it.

Thanks
Naveen

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Document requirements question

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:40 pm

naveenky wrote:I understand that I need to provide the both the passports to the immigration officer when going for stamping.
Is this stated somewhere on the form / guidance? If so, quote from the source.

regards