ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR (HSMP Judicial review) - Success @ Croydon PEO 13 Aug

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lainey888
Newly Registered

ILR (HSMP Judicial review) - Success @ Croydon PEO 13 Aug

Post by lainey888 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:08 am

Good luck to everyone else

My case file -
- HSMP (5 yrs) - several different employers over this time
- Am now about 4.5+ years on 5 year HSMP so applied for ILR under Judicial review
- Main applicant + 2 dependents (spouse and child)

I'm sharing below my experience at PEO on 13th Aug 2010
- Appointment made for 10.30am. As per the appointment guidelines, make sure you are there 30 minutes before your appointment. We were there 1 hour early but the security said we had to wait until 30 minutes before the appointment before queuing at the front door.
- The security guard was very friendly and explained to everyone the next steps
- We were asked to remove all metal objects and prepare for a airport style check
- All phones had to be switched off and we were told to write our Appointment numbers on pieces of paper so that we can present this at the next queues.
- Once you pass security, you should ideally have your appointment ref# and application form in hand to show to the lady so she will let you know when you can join a queue
- Next you go to counters where they check your application form. The lady asked for my application form, confirmed/updated my address on the system, asked for my current employer's letter and payslips for the last 3 months. She said that was all I needed for my application and was pleasantly friendly. She then told us to go upstairs to Level 1
- On level 1, you go to the payments counter - show the lady your appointment reference number and give her the page from the application with payment details. Not so friendly.
- You then go to the waiting area behind and wait wait wait
- We were called to our ILR counter about 11.30. The officer did not notice we were applying under judicial review so make sure you highlight this. He was asking why we didn't have our Life in the UK test result so we had to point out we were applying under HSMP JR.
He checked our passports and got confused that the hsmp stamps said work permit on them but we had hsmp, so make sure you have your Home office approval letters with you. I just showed him those.

He asked for the following documents:
* Current letter of employment
* P60 - I did not have the latest one, but provided a tax statement from HMRC which covers the last 5 years. He wasn't really keen on that piece of paper and kept questioning me why I didn't have my P60. I said I couldn't find it (true) but provided the HMRC document instead.
* Payslips for the last 6 months (probably not just 3 because I didn't have my P60).
* Bank statements (whatever was available)

I had alot more supporting documentation with me but he did not ask for it so he told us to wait for him to call us back on his decision.
- He finished making his decision around 12.30-1 I think (really late!) and we'd passed. He gave us the approval letter which also stated we were getting our refunds for the HSMP extension.
- we then had to wait for the visas to be applied. Got this around 2.30
- ILR stamp date is the day of the application.
I think we spent around 4.5 hours at the PEO office today. They admitted having staff shortage issues today and were 2 hours behind on applications.

Tips/reminders:
1. Make sure your documents are all stamped/certified. I could hear other ppl were getting grief on this
2. Make it clear you are applying under JR
3. It's worth bringing up to 6 months statements/payslips just in case

To pass time:
1. Bring a book or soemthing to do like knit to kill time since there's nothing to watch on tv and it's as depressing as going to the job centre to get your NI number
2. Bring food/snacks

Good Luck!

king_kong

Stamped documents reg.

Post by king_kong » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:07 am

Hi,
Congrats.
Many thanks for sharing your experience.
Please can you elaborate on what you mean by stamped documents?
Do you mean the bank statements, p60 etc?
Do they have to be stamped by the employers?
Thanks.