ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query about a department!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

whitbrown2012
Newly Registered

Query about a department!

Post by whitbrown2012 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:04 am

We recently received a letter from the HO asking for further documents after over 3 years of waiting. I applied for an extension of our discretionary leave to remain. They are asking for our passports and for us to confirm the spelling of our details. This is a a bit puzzling as we sent our passports in with the original application. It also stated that they have on record an address that we moved from 8 years ago. They haven't even got the address where the sent the 1st discretionary leave to remain.

My question is does this letter mean they have lost our passports?
Also, does any one know what department is NADL MNC1 in Manchester, as this is the department that the letter came from?

alikhan28
BANNED

Re: Query about a department!

Post by alikhan28 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:16 pm

They are asking for our passports and for us to confirm the spelling of our details. This is a a bit puzzling as we sent our passports in with the original application.

Write back to home office confirming you have already submitted yours passports and have been waiting from 3 years.If you have any acknowledgment letter or post registry receipt send a copy of these with these letter.
It also stated that they have on record an address that we moved from 8 years ago. They haven't even got the address where the sent the 1st discretionary leave to remain.
Then send yours old address detail and a copy of DL visa page(if you have).

My question is does this letter mean they have lost our passports?
Also, does any one know what department is NADL MNC1 in Manchester, as this is the department that the letter came from?
Not necessarily(sometimes they needs detail to search records) and sometimes they lost documents.so answer is may or may not be.

If you can write exact address..Not just post code.

Ali

whitbrown2012
Newly Registered

Post by whitbrown2012 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:05 am

Thanks for your reply...

Does anyone know what department or team is this - NADL MNC1, PO Box 99, Manchester?
Is this apart of the legacy program?
Also, is there a legacy criteria for older non-asylum cases?

jammybunn

Post by jammybunn » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:27 pm

whitbrown2012 wrote:Thanks for your reply...

Does anyone know what department or team is this - NADL MNC1, PO Box 99, Manchester?
Is this apart of the legacy program?
Also, is there a legacy criteria for older non-asylum cases?
NADL may be something to do with New Asylum work, MNC is Manchester non charged casework and legacy is aonly applicable to asylum cases where the applicant was never granted asylum/ELR but also never removed.

whitbrown2012
Newly Registered

Post by whitbrown2012 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:46 am

Thanks for you reply, but do you know what type of cases this department (MNC) mainly deals with, because I applied for further leave to remain at the end of my discretionary leave to remain. The application was sent to croydon, so it's a bit of a surprise and worry that we received a letter requesting further document from a team in Manchester?