ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do i need to reapply for NI number and NHS registeration

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Midas
Newly Registered

Do i need to reapply for NI number and NHS registeration

Post by Midas » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:26 pm

I have UK NI Number and NHS registeration but that i secured While i was on student visa 10 years back. Now i am leaving on Tier 1, am i supposed to apply fresh for these documents or my earlier ones are still valid.

Thanks in advance

jko
Newly Registered

Post by jko » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Your NI number is for life, you dont have to apply for another one. Regarding your NHS registeration it is valid, but if you dont live near the GP practice where you registered 10years ago, you have to register with a local GP so that you will have access to a doctor.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:30 pm

Just to add to what jko has correctly posted, Midas do you have your NHS Card from when you were previously in the UK? If yes, do take that to the new GPs surgery, if indeed it is a matter of moving to a new GP's practice.
John

Midas
Newly Registered

Post by Midas » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:53 am

Thanks Guys.
@John..I dont have NHS card, will try to register fresh or may be my name still exist in their database.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:38 pm

Your details will still be in the NHS database. If changing NHS surgery give them details of your previous NHS surgery. The computer system should be able to trace you.
John

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:33 pm

John wrote:Your details will still be in the NHS database. If changing NHS surgery give them details of your previous NHS surgery. The computer system should be able to trace you.
They have details in their computer system and if you give them yours name date of birth and old address then can trace easily.

Ali