ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what proof of earnings are required for contractor?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

usman.shahid
Newly Registered

what proof of earnings are required for contractor?

Post by usman.shahid » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:17 pm

Hi evryone,
I have a question regarding proof of earnings for Tier 1.

I have worked with a company for a period of 3 months on a project on contract basis. My question is what documents do i need to submit for Tier 1 General application as a proof of earnings for this contractual work. Currently I am working as a salaried employee. Also which category will this part of earning fall? i assume its contractor, but i do not have an accountant.

Please help.

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:00 pm

If that earning falls in previous 3 months you can register as self employed, otherwise you will have to pay 100£ penalty of late registration as self employed / sole trader. Alternatively you could ve used umbrella companies such as Giant etc etc.

For home office you need to show payment made to your account either via cheque or bank transfer

You will also need an accountant though hiring one is not a big deal and don't cost alot.

Good Luck

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:08 pm

alimohmand wrote:If that earning falls in previous 3 months you can register as self employed, otherwise you will have to pay 100£ penalty of late registration as self employed / sole trader. Alternatively you could ve used umbrella companies such as Giant etc etc.

For home office you need to show payment made to your account either via cheque or bank transfer

You will also need an accountant though hiring one is not a big deal and don't cost alot.

Good Luck
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=62052