ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

switching from PSW to dependant of PSW. Please advice

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dost halepoto

switching from PSW to dependant of PSW. Please advice

Post by dost halepoto » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:15 pm

I have already PSW visa which is expiring in november2010. My husband has also PSW visa for two years. Now i want to switch to dependant visa on the basis of my husband. We both are non EEU citizens, Our marriage is registered according to british law. Please advice me about the possibility of switching of my visa.
Looking forward to hear from you soon.
Thank you for help

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:02 pm

You cannot switch. You'll need to apply for EC as dependent of Tier 1 (PSW) migrant from home country.

regards

dost halepoto

Post by dost halepoto » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:11 pm

Thank you Sushdmehta. i am still not satisfied, John please could you advise regarding my question.
sushdmehta wrote:You cannot switch. You'll need to apply for EC as dependent of Tier 1 (PSW) migrant from home country.

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:35 pm

Irrespective of whether you feel satisfied or not with the answer, that's what the immigration rules dictate.

Don't confuse your case with the eligibility of a PBS migrant to switch to spouse visa when married to a settled person / citizen because your spouse neither has settled status nor is a British citizen.

Do wait for others to confirm / correct me.

regards