ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting for Tier 1: General

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrkhanI
Newly Registered

Waiting for Tier 1: General

Post by mrkhanI » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:05 am

Dear members,

I had applied for my Tier 1: General initial application on 5th july. Fees got deducted 2nd day. Also received the ack letter from them. Its already 6 weeks now, have not received anything else from them. Can anyone tell me whats the official waiting times, my friends having complicated cases received the passport in 3 weeks, so I am more worried about that. Can anyone suggest should this be appropriate to call them now and ask the status.
Any advice, suggestion would highly be appreciated.
Thanks

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Waiting for Tier 1: General

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:09 am

mrkhanI wrote:Dear members,

I had applied for my Tier 1: General initial application on 5th july. Fees got deducted 2nd day. Also received the ack letter from them. Its already 6 weeks now, have not received anything else from them. Can anyone tell me whats the official waiting times, my friends having complicated cases received the passport in 3 weeks, so I am more worried about that. Can anyone suggest should this be appropriate to call them now and ask the status.
Any advice, suggestion would highly be appreciated.
Thanks
Even if you call now they would just reply that the application is under process and call after 14 weeks have completed from the date of application. There is no use comparing with other's application. Each case is different so, have patience and chill. All the best!!!

mrkhanI
Newly Registered

Post by mrkhanI » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:13 pm

Thanks aruni4470 for the prompt response,

so it means 14 weeks is the offical waiting time for Tier1: General.

Regards,

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:40 pm

Yes, as per the UKBA website. But you won't be able to do much even if it passes the 14 week mark.

Remember it is a one sided information published, not a service level agreement with individual applicant(s).

regards