ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A Tier 1 General Case

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anil_ch
Newly Registered

A Tier 1 General Case

Post by anil_ch » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:33 pm

This is my friend's case

If some one is resident of Country A(Band D) and he works (Physically) in Country B (Band D) and he want to apply for Tier1 General.

From where he will submit his application.
Which country's rules will apply on him.

Regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:39 pm

Explain how is he resident in one country (A) but works in another country (B) without being a resident of the other country (B).

regards

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:58 pm

OP's post does sound very confusing.... nevertheless you have to apply from the country where you are a legal resident. Have a look at the UKBA website and you should get an answer to your question. If not, come back here with more details as requested in previous post and we'll try to help.
Regards,
crowbar6

anil_ch
Newly Registered

Post by anil_ch » Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:06 pm

sushdmehta,

If he is Indian Citizen but he work in (say Iraq or yemen) for which he got legal visa (for 3 years I think)
That is the context in which am talking about

I personally think that he need to apply from the country where he is a legal resident.

please let me know if any other information is required

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:06 pm

anil_ch wrote:sushdmehta,

If he is Indian Citizen but he work in (say Iraq or yemen) for which he got legal visa (for 3 years I think)
That is the context in which am talking about

I personally think that he need to apply from the country where he is a legal resident.

please let me know if any other information is required
Using this example, you should apply from Iraq / Yemen. Find out the application submission center for the country by visiting the link I shared earlier.
Regards,
crowbar6

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:26 pm

Therefore your opening statement is wrong! Your friend is a citizen of India but a resident of Iraq / Yemen (legal residency due to employment in the country).

It is up to him whether he wishes to apply from India or Iraq / Yemen but the earning band(s) of the country he physically works in (Iraq / Yemen) will apply.

regards