ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REQUIRED

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ameenah
Newly Registered

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REQUIRED

Post by ameenah » Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:56 pm

Hi
This is my second post.please can someone let me know if im brit and wish to become irish citizen do i loose my brit nationality.Im married to eea national when can he apply for his irish citizenship.I have lived in ireland 5 yrs and my spouse lived 4 and half yrs.

thank you

ameenah

bash_h

Post by bash_h » Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:42 pm

if you have british citizenship then you shouldn't really need to apply for irish citizenship as under EU laws you get the same rights anyway? Please re-post with information like your nationality, your husband's nationality and what you wish to ask

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:33 pm

ameenah,

The UK allows dual nationality so obtaining Irish (Republic) Citizenship is not an issue for the UK government. However when in the Republic of Ireland you may not rely on consular protection from the British Government (Consulate in Dublin). Given that ROI is a democratic country where the rule of law is upheld this is in itself should not be an issue.