ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PRBT.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Johnkenn

PRBT.

Post by Johnkenn » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:48 pm

I need you guys advise please............I have temporary stamp 4 which will be run out Oct 6th. The ask me to Letter from PRBT,which i got bank draft and filled the form with my landlord and my landlord wrote a letter advising the DOJ with the copy of the form and the bank draft that he is just go to register,but to my surprise when i called PRBT to confirm today they said they never got any application from my landlord. Is this going to affect my APPLICATION FOR EU TREATY.

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:36 pm

Under EU law it should not affect your application as there is plenty of other means to prove your residence in Ireland.

However the DOJ have made it their mission that they want PRTB letters. You can argue it, but I have heard many cases of the DOJ refusing it on this alone.

I would suggest that you contact your landlord and ask her whats going on. Sometimes an application might not have registered on the PRTB peoples systems as they are dealt with in chronological order. If it is a late application, they usually take longer.

In my previous address we submitted a late application and it took around 14 weeks (which is the norm). In our new apartment we submitted it within a week of first moving in and received it in around 3/4 weeks.

I would wait a few more weeks and contact PRTB again. Also inform DOJ that it takes approx 14 weeks to obtain PRTB and that they cannot expect to have it straight away.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

Johnkenn

Post by Johnkenn » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:47 pm

I just have 7 weeks more before my 6month expire, I wil call my landlord tomorrow again as he told call him so he can check properly from the office when it was sent. He is still saying that he post it. If i am to get another bank draft and apply myself and post it. Hope i can still meet up

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:22 pm

hi you dont have to give the prtb for residence proof.you can give them either esb bill,tax office letter,landlord lease,work letter yours address mentioned.good luck

Johnkenn

Post by Johnkenn » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:28 pm

Thank IQU, am just scared cos i got a good job and i dont want them to refuse me. My landord gave me a letter and copy of the prbt form that he will be applying and i send all the copy to DOJ

linn
Newly Registered

Post by linn » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:48 pm

Johnkenn wrote:Thank IQU, am just scared cos i got a good job and i dont want them to refuse me. My landord gave me a letter and copy of the prbt form that he will be applying and i send all the copy to DOJ
Hi Johnkenn, did you get your temporary stamp 4 after working 5 years? What is the requirement to renew the temporary stamp4? thanks!

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:56 pm

linn wrote:Hi Johnkenn, did you get your temporary stamp 4 after working 5 years? What is the requirement to renew the temporary stamp4? thanks!
Johnkenn got a 6 month temporary stamp 4 on the basis of his EU national spouse/partner/family member. He has it for 6 months for the period of his EU Treaty Rights application, and if it is approved, he will then have 5 years stamp4EUFAM.

I think you are talking about something else linn, am I right?
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

daddy
Member of Standing

prtb

Post by daddy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:45 pm

Johnken, pls, tell me, did you submit prove of prtb registration when you applied for eu1 initially, if you did not, how did you do it. I am about to apply for eu1 soon and after reading your post, i called my landlord regarding prtb registration and he said that he has not registered me, i would appreciate if you explain to me how you passed through it to get your stamp4 for 6 months.
thanks.

Johnkenn

Post by Johnkenn » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:08 pm

I submitted the necessary document need to get my stamp 4 for 6 month. E.g My wife payslip,Bills, Joint statement of account,Tax credit for my wife,letter from the landlord. Then after 2 weeks they wrote me to go and collect my stamp 4 for 6month and request for some document. They asked me to Bring Prbt registration and terms of contract where my wife work with Tax credit which i have given them before. I told my landlord and wrote a letter which i sent to the DOj with the prove of prbt registration form that he will be applying for us now.

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:37 am

Johnkenn wrote:I submitted the necessary document need to get my stamp 4 for 6 month. E.g My wife payslip,Bills, Joint statement of account,Tax credit for my wife,letter from the landlord. Then after 2 weeks they wrote me to go and collect my stamp 4 for 6month and request for some document. They asked me to Bring Prbt registration and terms of contract where my wife work with Tax credit which i have given them before. I told my landlord and wrote a letter which i sent to the DOj with the prove of prbt registration form that he will be applying for us now.
Once again i am going to whing about INIS....this is delay tactics to include PRTB (private residence tenancy board) shite in this process...if you have bank statements, esb bills, eircom, bord gais, sky/ntl then why the f**k do they want PRTB....do u know Y? coz they feel like it.

PRTB is another governmental quango supposed to "protect" tenants/landlord rights...but it take so frigging long it feels like naturalization application. but anyway...alot of landlords dont register their tenancies with PRTB as you are required to pay tax or wateva. so lot of landlords flaunt this...i know my one did but i didnt require PRTB as that was years ago.

Delaine

Post by Delaine » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:46 am

I am interested to know - how is it that not having PRTB can enable you to lose your EU treaty rights ie, EU1 application being refused? Is that not something that can be challenged? Just asking as I cant see the relevance of PRTB at all. Its obviously a delay tactic, but do the authorities have a leg to stand on with this!

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:11 am

Delaine wrote:I am interested to know - how is it that not having PRTB can enable you to lose your EU treaty rights ie, EU1 application being refused? Is that not something that can be challenged? Just asking as I cant see the relevance of PRTB at all. Its obviously a delay tactic, but do the authorities have a leg to stand on with this!
I dont see a reason for them to refuse & it can be challenged. It doesn't say in their application checklist that you are required to submit PRTB rent book/cert. As long as you have bank statement/bills in both person's name.

But its INIS (Irish Nonsensical Idiotic State) you never know what they could do. (i just made that up btw INIS abbreviation) :P

Johnkenn

Post by Johnkenn » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:52 am

We gave them bills in our name 2 different statement of account in our name. The agency we rented apartment from gave us a writing letter with the company letter headed paper that we have been staying in the apartment, he even gave me a letter that i sent to DOJ that he was going to register us just that up till now he did not register maybe the landlord of the house don't want to register her apartment. I just have 4 weeks till when my temporary stamp 4 will be expiring. I just hope all goes well.

Dublin2011
Newly Registered

Post by Dublin2011 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:56 pm

Don't worry if your other documents are solid. I don't have PRTB letter too. Up until now, I still haven't got any letter from PRTB. I've just got approved last month, just a week before my temp stamp4 expired. All I sent them are rent agreement, gas bill, internet bill, and bank statement showing that we pay rent every month.

We waited for PRTB letter until 1 month before my temp stamp4 expired. Then, I decided to make my husband, an EU citizen, wrote them a letter explaining the situation that we are waiting for the letter too and telling them to consider other documents that we sent can be a solid evidence that we live in Ireland together with contact numbers of managing agent company and landlord, which is a company too. DOJ replied my letter that they understand the situation that it might take time to get PRTB letter, and tells me again to send it as soon as I got this PRTB letter.