ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

certificate of sponsorship

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hb5kte
Newly Registered

certificate of sponsorship

Post by hb5kte » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:25 pm

Hi everyone,

Please could anyone help me with regards to certificate of sponsorship?

My empolyer has summited the application for certificate of sponsorship. I would like to know normally how long dose it takes to process?

Thanks alot in advance!!!

mimimt

Post by mimimt » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:29 am

If it doesn't require a resident labour market test and your employer hasn't used up all its allocated CoS, it's pretty much instant. Otherwise, it will take some time. Resident labour market test requires 4 weeks advertising. I'm not sure how long it takes for an employer to apply and get approval for additional CoS.

hb5kte
Newly Registered

Post by hb5kte » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:43 am

What about the processing time in the following case...

If my employer has appplied the COS for me, they had send the cheque to uk border agency/ home office. Is it not an instant response?

mimimt

Post by mimimt » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:15 am

As far as I am aware, your employer issues your CoS online, which whould be instant.

Here's the detail from UKBA

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/emplo ... tificates/

ashu.doc
- thin ice -

hi

Post by ashu.doc » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:55 pm

my employer has also applied it for more than a month now and he is still saying it will take some time. so dont worry.

mt_dilber

Post by mt_dilber » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:28 pm

Thanks God, my employer (NHS) applied for my COS just before 19th July. they paid using debit card and it took only 30 minutes to get COS number.

ashu.doc
- thin ice -

??

Post by ashu.doc » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:19 pm

What does that mean? COS in 30 min.? My employer NHS also applied in july 1st week and I am still waiting. Hey man where are u from? are u still in India? or left?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:21 pm

Instant payment generates instant CoS - if sponsor has not reached the CoS limit.

regards

The Station Agent
United Kingdom

Post by The Station Agent » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:10 am

If your sponsor is paying for the CoS (as opposed to paying for a sponsor licence application) and they paid by cheque then it should take about 5-7 days, as long as they have a valid allocation of certificates.

ashu.doc
- thin ice -

terrible news

Post by ashu.doc » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:19 am

my sponsors are bullshit, I gave interview for trust doctor in surgery on 28th june and selected. I got CoS yesterday and now they are saying to join Orthipedics initially (which is not for my interest) and then they join me in surgery in feb 2011. This is all terrible for me as I had planned to join surgery in this october only. For that I had left job in india also because I had to give 1 month prior notice for that. How can a person who had 5 yrs exp in surgery can join in orthopedics, that too for 4-5 months when I have to work only for 2 years at that place. Wont that ruin my CV?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: terrible news

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:47 am

ashu.doc wrote:my sponsors are bullshit, I gave interview for trust doctor in surgery on 28th june and selected. I got CoS yesterday and now they are saying to join Orthipedics initially (which is not for my interest) and then they join me in surgery in feb 2011. This is all terrible for me as I had planned to join surgery in this october only. For that I had left job in india also because I had to give 1 month prior notice for that. How can a person who had 5 yrs exp in surgery can join in orthopedics, that too for 4-5 months when I have to work only for 2 years at that place. Wont that ruin my CV?
Immigration issue? This matter is for discussion and agreement between you and your employing trust.

regards

hb5kte
Newly Registered

Re: hi

Post by hb5kte » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:44 am

ashu.doc wrote:my employer has also applied it for more than a month now and he is still saying it will take some time. so dont worry.
Hi Ashu

Did ur employer applied the COS since July 1st? until recently only you received Certificate of sponsorship? so does it mean that it might takes up to 2 months?

Thanks

ashu.doc
- thin ice -

hi

Post by ashu.doc » Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:21 pm

Thats what I got to know from my employer, but now I doubt that they have applied in july 1st week, because it doesn't take so long. i think they had applied late for my CoS because as I enquired I got to know that many SHOs have joined in dept in august only. that means they appointed someone before me also.