ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

work visa granted, flr refused

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dheerubond
Newly Registered

work visa granted, flr refused

Post by dheerubond » Tue Dec 20, 2005 11:52 pm

HI all,

I came here as a student in sep. 2004 for one year and have just got my results.

In my case I have been approved a work visa, but my flr was refused on the grounds that my graduation is yet not complete. As my convocation is due in march 2006. My visa is valid till 31 december 2005, can I go back to my country and file for entry clearance on my in-country work visa approval? Or if i go back to my country would I have to file for a new work visa?

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:35 pm

Return to your home country and apply for WP EC at the British Consulate. Your WP approval i.e. letter from Work Permits UK must be valid on the submission date.

dheerubond
Newly Registered

Re: work visa granted, flr refused

Post by dheerubond » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:05 am

dheerubond wrote:HI all,

I came here as a student in sep. 2004 for one year and have just got my results.

In my case I have been approved a work visa, but my flr was refused on the grounds that my graduation is yet not complete. As my convocation is due in march 2006. My visa is valid till 31 december 2005, can I go back to my country and file for entry clearance on my in-country work visa approval? Or if i go back to my country would I have to file for a new work visa?
Hi kayalami,

would my in country application be valid in India? My work visa was granted on 17th november and is valid till 17th may, 2006. BUt, the home office has kept the original doument of work permit, have i got the right to ask for my approved work permit letter?

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:51 am

Where is your employer/sponsor in all these....i.e. why are you on the bb instead of dealing with them and asking them to chase this up for you? Request employer/sponsor to immediatley update Work Permits UK of FLR refusal and ask (politely) to re-issue New WP approval letter for EC application in India.

kammy
Newly Registered

FLR refusal on work approval

Post by kammy » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:02 pm

The approval issued by the incountry team is only valid when you are legally in UK.

I don't know if the convocation is a condition to get the FLR on workapproval. But if they have refused FLR then You will have to leave the country and get a workpermit to get Entry Clearance from India.

I don't think they will return the work approval letter. You should ask the employer to apply for the 'workpermit' again when you have left the country and it might not take long that your employer would get workpermit issued. Then they can send the workpermit to India from where you can apply for the entry clearance (Work Visa).

One has to apply the same application to Workpermit with just change in the column which says if the employee is in country or outside. The reference number of your work approval letter should be enough to apply for the workpermit. You should ask the employer to call the incountry team contact and ask for their suggestion.

I had a similar problem earlier in the year. You can read my posting and answers in relation to that.

Hope this helps.