ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Problem

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Problem

Post by juliajules1979 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:41 am

Hiya

My husband is due to Apply for his ILR Jan 2011. I was just reading a post on here and I felt a shiver down my spine. My husband and I both opened savings accounts last year when we were not earning very much and both completed an R85 form to recieve interest with no tax deducted. We both got rises in pay so our incomes have gone up. Our savings accounts are due to mature soon and I completely forgot to inform the bank about recieving our interest net as we are now earning above the tax threshold.

I wont be in time to inform them to deduct the tax so will this show up when my husband applies for ILR? I dont want home office to think we are commiting tax evasion when it is accidental. We pay tax on all our earnings and this was purely an oversight on my part.

I would be so grateful if somebody could advise.

Many thanks.

Sean7398

Post by Sean7398 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:18 pm

If u don't mind me asking, why is it too late to tell them. The simple solution is, just tell them. And thats that. Youre clean, and they're fine too!

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:45 pm

I agree with Sean.

Tell them now. That way the bank will be able to file the appropriate forms with HMRC, if the tax isn't claimed before your husband applies for his ILR you will have peace of mind that it is in the system. If you are still worried keep copies of all correspondence relating to that matter, but I think it's highly unlikely UKBA will raise the matter if you've declared your new financial status to the bank almost a year prior to the ILR application.

Sean7398

Post by Sean7398 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:16 pm

Also, I cannot understand how on earth the ILR application process will lead to possibly finding out about the issue. Can anyone tell me??

Regards
sean

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:41 am

Sean7398 wrote:Also, I cannot understand how on earth the ILR application process will lead to possibly finding out about the issue. Can anyone tell me??

Regards
sean
I think Julia is scared that whatever checks UKBA carry out on applicants (as far as I know there isn't a comprehensive list) this may flag up. Her fear may stem from another thread whereby someone received a reject for their ILR because UKBA discovered while they were illegally sub-letting their housing association flat. Not even the Housing Association knew... until UKBA informed them!!

Are UKBA savvy enough to know salary levels vs certain types of savings account? Possibly not, but if it gives Julia peace of mind to resolve it.

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:21 pm

Hiya

Many thanks for your posts, I dont know If UKBA would find out, but its better to be straight down the line.

Once again thankyou. Kiwigirl thanks for your advice its always good, cheers hun.

optimist_eternal
BANNED

Post by optimist_eternal » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:13 pm

Julia, better to be safe than sorry as it is always better to err to the safe side of caution....inform them pronto....