ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre-requisite for Passport Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HAMSAVIJAY
Newly Registered

Pre-requisite for Passport Application

Post by HAMSAVIJAY » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:59 pm

I've a question regarding passport application:

Do i need to enclose the British Citizenship Certificate following ceremony with the application form or will the Approval Letter or "Citizenship Invitation" is sufficient to apply.

The reason I'm asking is to know when to apply for passport as the citizenship ceremony date is 28th Sep. 10. So will I need to wait until then before submitting the passport application.

Thanks,
Vijay

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:41 pm

Unless you attend the ceremony and/or are issued a naturalisation certificate you are not a British citizen. And you cannot apply for a British passport unless you become a British citizen.

regards

alizarao

Post by alizarao » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:30 am

yes, u'll have to send that certificate too with yr application as its mentioned in the guide.

u'll also need to write yr naturalization certificate no. in yr passport application.