ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police Registration Was Not Stamped but ILR was granted

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eva82me

Police Registration Was Not Stamped but ILR was granted

Post by eva82me » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:01 pm

Hi guys,

My husband received his ILR visa on June 2010. We were advised by the HO letter that he doesn't need to register with the police anymore. However, yesterday when we went through all the documents, we realised that in that letter it mentioned that a stamp in his police registration certificate will indicate that he no longer need to register with the police. Unluckily, we didn't find any stamps for that purpose anywhere.

What should we do now? Should we contact the Home Office or Police?

Did anybody get a stamp in the Police Registration Certificate when their ILR Visa issued? Will this affect his Citizenship Application in the future?

Any advices will be appreciated. Thank you!

goody09

Post by goody09 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:53 pm

I had exactly the same situation as your husband is

few months later of getting my ILR I had a letter from the police office asking me to pass by the office for annual check, I went 5 month after the ILR and the office stamped my certificate and told me that he will take me off from the system so i do not get any more letter in the future

So do not worry at all if you got some time just pass by them to stamp it for you

good luck