ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

about benifits plz help

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ahmed1702
Newly Registered

about benifits plz help

Post by ahmed1702 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:53 am

my wife is unable to work because she is ill and gets DLA and incapacity benifit recieving under 700£ month. we will start to do spouse visa in january . I dont know if that will be a problem because she get benifit and she has a lifetime illness and she need me with her in the uk . Can anyone help i would be gratful
ty

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: about benifits plz help

Post by Wanderer » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:29 am

ahmed1702 wrote:my wife is unable to work because she is ill and gets DLA and incapacity benifit recieving under 700£ month. we will start to do spouse visa in january . I dont know if that will be a problem because she get benifit and she has a lifetime illness and she need me with her in the uk . Can anyone help i would be gratful
ty
What is her illness?

How can anyone on benefits pursue an international relationship i wonder?

£700 is not much I'm afraid, the spouse visa fee is nearly that....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ahmed1702
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed1702 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:59 am

I have epilepsy and im sorry but you are not being very nice about it i ask for help not to be insulted he is my husband and i know him very well its me his wife that wants to help him not him asking i dont like people who judge people we ask for help thats all plus im doing well for saving money.

:?

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:32 am

ahmed1702 wrote:I have epilepsy and im sorry but you are not being very nice about it i ask for help not to be insulted he is my husband and i know him very well its me his wife that wants to help him not him asking i dont like people who judge people we ask for help thats all plus im doing well for saving money.

:?
I don't know much about incapacity benefits but I assume you don't have to pay rent or council tax? If so, then £700 is technically enough.

ahmed1702
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed1702 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:01 pm

thanksyou very much does that mean she can be on DLA and incapacity benifit to do spouse visa because she is ill and she need me with her to look after her. she cant work.

oldno7
Newly Registered

Post by oldno7 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:09 pm

I am seriously wondering what exactly Wanderer's intention is in his post. To actually help ahmed1702? Humiliate ahmed1702? or to satisfy something that only Wanderer himself knows?

What on God's Earth is the meaning or purpose of his questions and how does his opinion of distance relationships help ahmed1702?

People come here with genuine problems and you got Wanderer thinking he can sit back and take pot-shots at their misery and expense.

I am absolutely disgusted! Surely someone like Wanderer has better ways to entertain itself?
Wanderer wrote:
ahmed1702 wrote:my wife is unable to work because she is ill and gets DLA and incapacity benifit recieving under 700£ month. we will start to do spouse visa in january . I dont know if that will be a problem because she get benifit and she has a lifetime illness and she need me with her in the uk . Can anyone help i would be gratful
ty
What is her illness?

ahmed1702
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed1702 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:25 pm

:( thank you if anyone can help we would be grateful thanks again. we are just 2 people who are very happy but dont want to be apart. I will be applying for a house soon because you have to have a house there to do spouse visa are we right? But we dont want to be apart and i will have to travel to see my husband until its all done. But we dont want to be apart from each other because my husband will worry about me as i am epileptic and my health is not very good right now :(

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:41 am

oldno7 wrote:I am seriously wondering what exactly Wanderer's intention is in his post. To actually help ahmed1702? Humiliate ahmed1702? or to satisfy something that only Wanderer himself knows?

What on God's Earth is the meaning or purpose of his questions and how does his opinion of distance relationships help ahmed1702?

People come here with genuine problems and you got Wanderer thinking he can sit back and take pot-shots at their misery and expense.

I am absolutely disgusted! Surely someone like Wanderer has better ways to entertain itself?
Wanderer wrote:
ty
What is her illness?

Wanderer is a real bad man!

ahmed1702
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed1702 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:58 am

yes thats true
if someone have new information about what i ask for plz let me know thanks for everyone help.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:29 am

mochyn wrote:
oldno7 wrote:I am seriously wondering what exactly Wanderer's intention is in his post. To actually help ahmed1702? Humiliate ahmed1702? or to satisfy something that only Wanderer himself knows?

Wanderer wrote:
ty
What is her illness?

Wanderer is a real bad man!
I am. But I live in the real World not La La Land...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:07 am

ahmed1702 wrote:thanksyou very much does that mean she can be on DLA and incapacity benifit to do spouse visa because she is ill and she need me with her to look after her. she cant work.
yes as I've said before her situation seems fine.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:09 am

mochyn wrote: Wanderer is a real bad man!
Lol everyone's wanderer bashing again.

He said "i wonder" didn't he? :P

It's true though £700 is not a lot. If the couple needed to pay rent/council tax it would not be enough.

ahmed1702
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed1702 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:16 pm

No I dont have to pay rent and my money goes up every year so my opinion is £700 would keep us In my opinion it is enough. I have filled all the housing applications so no its just a case of waiting but i should have medical priority so i should get one quickly.

alikhan28
BANNED

Post by alikhan28 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:27 pm

ahmed1702 wrote:No I dont have to pay rent and my money goes up every year so my opinion is £700 would keep us In my opinion it is enough. I have filled all the housing applications so no its just a case of waiting but i should have medical priority so i should get one quickly.
One more thing DLA and incapacity benefits are accepted as Income so you can include them in yours income.I dont remember what was case law in High court but it was ordered that incapacity benefits are allowed for income.

You can double check this information.

£700 after paying accommodation and council tax(if you have to) is fine.

Ali

ahmed1702
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed1702 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:16 am

If theres anything new that anybody knows please let us know thankyou very much :)