ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sworn Affidavit for Child's passport in India ?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

simantadatta

Sworn Affidavit for Child's passport in India ?

Post by simantadatta » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:04 am

Hi - anyone know the process to obtain a Sworn affidavit from Indian embassy in London for applying for my child's passport in India ? The child is born in India and Indian passport website says a "sworn affidavit from UK's India mission is needed if one parent is residing abroad".

Thanks,
Simanta

gg234

Re: Sworn Affidavit for Child's passport in India ?

Post by gg234 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:33 am

You have to go to indian embassy in London and they will give you affidavit form you need to fill in front of them and sign so they will give official affidavit
simantadatta wrote:Hi - anyone know the process to obtain a Sworn affidavit from Indian embassy in London for applying for my child's passport in India ? The child is born in India and Indian passport website says a "sworn affidavit from UK's India mission is needed if one parent is residing abroad".

Thanks,
Simanta

simantadatta

Post by simantadatta » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:35 pm

thanks, is there any way this can be done through post ?

mnishar
Newly Registered

What are all the document required for this affidavit?

Post by mnishar » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:06 pm

My passport doesn't have my wife name endorsed. DO i need this for Affidavit ?

ALso do i need attested copy my child's birth certificate?

what other documents are needed like address proof ?

Please help.

mrneo

How to get Sworn affidavit from HCI

Post by mrneo » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:32 am

Try this blog .. have googled and found this. It gives simples step by step details.

http://londonseye.blogspot.com/2012/02/ ... -high.html

suhasrm
Newly Registered

Re: Sworn Affidavit for Child's passport in India ?

Post by suhasrm » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:56 pm

I recently had been to Birmingham to get a sworn affidavit so that my wife could apply my childs passport in India.
I do not have a tenancy agreement as I am in a shared accommodation and hence was concerned about what documents they could consider as address proof. I called CGI birmingham and was told that my company letter mentioning my address proof can work -

The documents I had carried were -
1. Company Letter as address proof
2. My Passport size Photo
3. I got my bank account welcome letter day before I was to travel, so got a copy of that.
4. A letter from the tenant with whom I am sharing room as a address proof.
5. Passport copy
6. visa stamp and entry copy
7. two copies of this form filled - http://www.cgibirmingham.org/pdf/AffNoObjChPP.pdf
8. there is another form they will provide which you will have to fill.
I simply submitted this documents and there were no questions asked.

I provided this along with the form and I was not asked for any other document. Though I had carried loads of other documents like -
1. Child Birth Certificate
2. Marriage Certificate
3. Spouse passport copy
4. Utility Bills on the tenants name
5. Tenancy agreement letter that was on tenants name
I was not even asked for any document.

Process -

No Need to go and stand in queue at 7 in the morning

1. Visit the CGI office at around 9, you will get a token number (window 1)
2. This window will open at 10:30 and they will start calling your name
3. They will give you a form to fill and will say they will start calling everyone after 11:30
4. Once they start calling, go along with your form and documents and get it verified, get another token
5. Go to another window they will mention (guess 5)
6. Pay £10, submit your documents and get receipt - you will be free by around 12:30

Collecting the document -
Collection of the document is on next day, unlike as in London where they give it on the same day. In case you are not able to go collect the next day you can provide them with self addressed special envelope that costs you around 7£. I was told they will post the document on 3rd day but in my case they posted it only on 5th day after I called them and told I have not received the post yet.

PS: Its just like any other Indian government office, keep your expectations low and patience high :)
Payment is accepted in CASH only.