ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Low Salary - Extension Problem

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rex

Low Salary - Extension Problem

Post by Rex » Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:48 pm

Hi

I am here since July 2005 on HSMP,
I am doing a part time job in my field which is IT from november and
my salary is 500 pounds only per month.

I pay tax around 23 pounds per month.

My saving account has 7000 pounds in it.

I am really worried about extension. What do you think moderators?

I have tenency agreement on my name, phone bill, registered in electoral roll, have NI number and NHS...

I also registered a LTD company here but my accountant says that it won't help in extension...

Will I get extension?

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:10 pm

You havent mentioned when your visa was issued and when do you expect to send in your FLR extension application.

IMHO, your extension should not be a problem. In the worst case scenario if they feel you have not demonstrated enough economic ability they will extend your visa for a year instead of three.

Rex

Post by Rex » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:12 pm

My extension is due in may 2006

Thanks for your reply, is there anything I can do to get 3 years extension?

Is there any minimum salary?
I have several interviews and rejection proof as well for full-time jobs.

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:18 pm

You still have a lot of time. In anycase make sure you submit your interview details as proof of your efforts.

You still have time until May. Jan-Feb is a good time to look for a job as lot of companies will be looking for hiring. Even in your current situation you stand a good chance of getting a three year extension. Like I said, it depends on the case workers interpretation of your economic viability.

Rex

Post by Rex » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:52 pm

Hi

Thanks for your response.

Can my limited company help in my extension if I show 1000 pounds trading each month?

Further is proof of english eligibility required for extension?

thnks in advance for help.

pakistan
Newly Registered

Post by pakistan » Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:02 pm

Rex,
As M wazir says,try to found a new job but dont worry about the extention,in my own thinking this will be not problem for you.Many people got three years extention with so less salary.
:)

simar

Post by simar » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:14 pm

Rex,
Since u are asking about english proficency I assume u may a weak link on speaking English. Better get a english pronouncing dictionary book/CD.
May be this will help u in getting full time job fast.

Rex

Post by Rex » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:29 am

thanks for advice simar
but that does not answer my question

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:37 am

Can my limited company help in my extension if I show 1000 pounds trading each month? <== how do you plan to show the trading if you only work part time with a salary of £500?

and if you can show genuine sales etc along with your PT job then I don't think you should have problems with your extension

Smit
Member of Standing

Post by Smit » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:31 pm

Rex,

For HSMP extensions, primary evidence you need to show is economic activity in your first year or proof of attempts to show that you have tried to become economically active (e.g. job applications, interview invitations, rejections etc.).

This gives the HSMP team a lot of free hand to decide your application and does not tie them down to considering only your earnings (however little they may be), but other aspects of your activities in your first year.

The fact that you have savings of £7K should prove that you don't need to rely on public funds if an extension was granted. If you have spent at least 9 months in the UK in your first year, you should normally be granted the 3 year extension.

Hope the above is helpful.

Smit

S

Rex

Post by Rex » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:05 pm

Thanks Olisun & Smit.

Olisun i meant that beside my part-time job I keep on getting some work from my old clients (over the internet, mainly website maintenance stuff) , payment for which stays in my paypal account.

As I said I also have Ltd. company and if I start declaring that money and trasfer it to my Ltd. Company's bank account it can show trading (service offered) by my company.

Please guide if you have experience with limited company.

Thanks to everyone.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:32 pm

Rex wrote:I also registered a LTD company here but my accountant says that it won't help in extension...
This £1000 per month income ... clearly taxable ... you will obviously appreciate. Leaving it in your PayPal account doesn't stop it being taxable, does it!!!!

But whose income is it? Is it yours? If so you are self-employed no doubt your accountant is aware of that and doing the necessary.

But if the income is not yours, but instead belongs to your limited company then the next stage to consider is .. what is going to happen to that money when it is in the company's coffers?

If it merely stays in the company then I agree with what you say your accountant is saying. Conversely if the company pays you a salary out of that money then I am failing to understand why that salary would not assist you in getting your extension.
John