ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW : Two different qualifications

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

londoncity24
Newly Registered

PSW : Two different qualifications

Post by londoncity24 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:30 pm

Hi ALL

I need your help on PSW

I am doing ACCA from a college and this college is my visa sponser altough it dostn say on my visa as i got two year visa in 0ct 2008 for to years wish expires on 31st october 2010.(before new tier 4 visa rules came in)

at the same time i did my degree Ba(hons) international Business.can someone please advise if i can still apply for PSW on BA(hons) on the Basis i studied at another college.i have all the attandences and letter from both the college.as i didnt work during study and went to two colleges.

do you think this could be a problem?i have all my maintance funds abobe £3000 every month.

any help on this matter would me much appreciated.

Thanks and regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:32 pm

Only if the qualification (BA) was completed / granted in the 12 months preceding the Tier 1 (PSW) application.

regards

londoncity24
Newly Registered

Post by londoncity24 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:35 pm

i am still on student visa which runs out on 31st october.

i have received the results for ba(hons) and trancripts should be coming soon although they will give the degree in january 2011

thanks for your help on this

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:40 pm

Read the policy guidance and see what documentary evidence is required as evidence of qualification when the course has been completed (passed) but degree is yet to be awarded.

regards

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:45 am

As long as there was no restriction on you to not pursue another degree while doing ACCA, I see no reason why you cannot apply for Tier 1 (PSW) on the basis of this second qualification.

Won't you complete ACCA before expiry of visa? And can't you apply for Tier 1 (PSW) on basis of ACCA qualification? Or extend student leave?

regards