ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant marriage certificate query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

allgo

Dependant marriage certificate query

Post by allgo » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:49 pm

Hello friends,
I am currently in the Uk for around 3 years on tier 1 visa. I am planning to get married on 11th Dec, and travel to India on 30th Nov.

Currently I plan to do court marriage (i.e. registry marriage) on 2nd December, so that I can get the marriage certificate in time. After that on 11th I do the social marriage. After that I plan to apply for my wife's visa on 15th from Kolkata.
My queries are to prove subsistence of marriage there are no specific guidelines in VFS as to how ot prove it.

I am planning to provide the following
1) Marriage certificate
2) photographs
3) few old email printouts
4) Wedding card dated marriage is on 11th december

Thing is, since I am having my court marriage earlier and the certificate would bear the date of 2nd dec is that going to be an issue? If I clearly explain that in the cover letter that I had to do so, so that I can apply for her visa within my travel itinerary (30th Nov - 28th Dec) is that OK?

Anyone had any such experience? Seniors please suggest.

Best
Regards

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:08 pm

Maybe, you can explain it on covering letter but it all depends on case worker. All depends on him whether he will accept your court marriage and certificate dated 2nd december or you should have received marriage certificate post your traditional wedding.

There have been numerous cases (as you can dig out from forum) where people have experienced rejection based on some silly reasons of relationship not subsisting at the time of application.

If I were you, I would not take such a risk and give them any doubt that this could be a sham marriage.

but as I said its totally my view and my opinion.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:59 pm

I agree ... its better to supply proofs that corroborate each other rather than contradict. I think if you do want to have your social marriage on a different day - don't submit the marriage invitation card and supply other proofs like phone bills etc to prove your relationship.

allgo

thanks

Post by allgo » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:12 pm

Thanks guys..
unfortunately it seems if I need to do marriage registration after my social marriage as per rule it has to be after 15 days of the marriage. Apparently that is known as marriage registration, while court marriage is registry marriage.. it confused me but apparently that is the case(my dad checked with some lawyer)

hence if I have to go that route I wont be able to assist my wife during visa application before I return to UK.

So as per your suggestions, I simply submit the marriage certificate.. and photos and skip the detail that social marriage was on 11th ... I guess it is a catch 22 situation.. I heard of a case where the guy got married within 2 days of gng to India and that the case worker found suspicious.... they shd have some common criteria man.. and not the mercy of the case worker to be honest :-(

kunal parikh

Post by kunal parikh » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:44 pm

hi

i am one of the vicitim of doing registered marriage and then applied the visa early and got rejection..but i got the rejection just on basis of this shit VFS people...as they told us wedding photos are optional...so we did not include them...got the rejection as got married and put up file on the next day...

u can still show registered marriage certificate as certificate will be the same..but dont forgot to include your chat transcripts or phone billings and wedding photos..

veerug
Newly Registered

Post by veerug » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:47 am

So friends... what sort of proofs can we show for phones bills????
As i think most of us will call to India via different connection centers (calling cards, phone top ups etc...)

allgo

Post by allgo » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:48 am

Thanks Kunal..
Ya am thinking the same.. I will do court marriage on 2nd.. and just submit photos and not mention the social marriage date to avoid confusion.
how can I show phone bills? I use localphone calling card service... how can I shw I have talked to her?

It is really sad the stupid vfs people asked you not to add photos and u got rejection based on that. btw was ur case same as mine? or u only did court marriage?
Also when u say you filed next day of rejection was that an appeal?
Cheers,
Soumya

jagankumar
India

Post by jagankumar » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:45 am

Here i got some confusion,
will it be problem if you show the Registrar marriage certificate and shows the wedding fotos of your social marriage?

In our case we got married under Special Marriage act, which means, marriage conducted by the registrar himself in front of him.
Same has been mentioned in the certificate.
2 days after registrar marriage, we got social marriage.

In this case, if we show the social marriage photos along with Registrar marriage certificate, would not be issue? since both are different dates.

Charliewhite

Post by Charliewhite » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:25 am

Hi all,

I’m also in the same boat as planning to get married in couple of months and need to apply visa for my dependant. Confused with marriage certificate, as per my tradition the marriage certificate will be provided by Church after the marriage. Can I use the same for visa purpose? Else I need to go for Register marriage or Court marriage. Can I register my marriage at court using my church Marriage certificate?

Can I apply my dependant visa with in 5 days after my traditional marriage? Else how long I should wait for the same.

What is the time period require to apply court marriage from my traditional wedding?