ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SeT (M) query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mcgrath
Newly Registered

SeT (M) query

Post by mcgrath » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:10 pm

Does anybody know of any reason why the UKBA have not taken an additional payment for my wife's Set M application.They have had my card details for over a month now and dont seem to be in a rush to take the extra amount and therefore won't be looking at my wife's application until payment is taken.

We originally applied for the FLR (M) at the start of May but have had one nightmare after another.My wife failed her Life in the Uk test in April so we applied for the above.Anyhow a month later we received a letter from The UKBA saying we could apply for SET(M) as my wife had completed two levels of ESOL.We were told that we could apply if we could provide a letter from the school to say that the course she attended was taught using Life in the Uk materials.
So we provided the letter and then waited...At the end of June we received another letter asking for the additional payment and a completed SET(M) form.Worryingly they also informed us that they had returned all our original documents.So we wrote a letter to them asking whether they had returned the documents.Although they later confirmed over the phone that they had the documents they have never confirmed in writing.I find this and the above quite worrying.

I have written to the PM(my mp) about this and he has written back to say that he will look into the matter.

If anyone as any advice it would be helpful.