ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa success-Whoop!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PnOedOff
Newly Registered

Settlement visa success-Whoop!

Post by PnOedOff » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:44 pm

So my husbands visa was granted, took around about 9.5 weeks after submitting it to get an answer, and I don't know if it had any bearing, I doubt it highly, but after my husband went and was told it wasn't ready, we complained to just about everyone and a week later it was ready. I think it just happened to be coincidence! I'm so glad it worked out, in the end I submitted just 4 months pay slips and I have zero savings. I think it helps we have been in contact since 2006 and have all records to show this and the fact we have spoken every day showing continual devotion! I very nearly succumbed to paying one of these suspect sites who would 'offer advise' on what to put in an application and who stated that 90% of applications made without any help fail. In the end it was some practical suggestions for FREE from boards like this that helped and it must've worked as he will be here in 2 weeks!

lizziet

Post by lizziet » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:44 pm

Congratulations!!!! You must be so relieved.
Could you post a list of what you submitted? It would help those of us who are still in the process of applying...
All the best :)

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Re: Settlement visa success-Whoop!

Post by ElenaW » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:49 pm

Yipppiiiieee! Congrats :)

PnOedOff
Newly Registered

What was there

Post by PnOedOff » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:18 am

So happy and relieved its taken a long time, we've been apart for a year now, in fact the visa was granted on the day that made it exactly one year! weird or what. So any way heres a little list of what was in there:

-Emails and phone records from 2006-present, wisely my husband told me to keep these so I had all the originals to show contact from then til now.
-Flight information and even the bus ticket I used for my first trip to meet my husband over seas in 2007
-Bank statements for the last 10 months, I had no savings and the money I was earning barely stayed in my bank, but I was working full time and earning enough I guess.
-Pay slips for 5 months plus P60 for the last tax year.
-For accomodation I was staying at my grandmothers, she has a house and only her staying there, so I sent phone bills and bank statements with that address, as well as electoral roll registration information.
-Wedding and babys birth certficate as well as a baptism certificate that we had done in my husbands country.
-Loads of pictures of us together as well as his family to show his family had met mine when they came here this year.
-An absolute load of phone cards I'd used to be calling him since we have been apart as well as recent phone bills for the contuining devotion part of it.
Thats a short list but thats pretty much the basics. In all I think it helped that we had met, I had lived with him outside the UK for 2 years, my passport in my married name was actually issued in his country and I have a residents visa for there.
I don't know what checks they actually did as work never said anything to me, and they didn't contact me throughout, but thankfully it all went well in the end. Hope all of you can say the same very soon!

doc.amby4

Post by doc.amby4 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:12 pm

what country is your husband from?