ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

retention

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wisoansah
Newly Registered

retention

Post by wisoansah » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:15 am

so what documents do you need to apply for retention of rights.i have been married since 2007,my wife is playing around and i really want to get a divorce,how do i start and how does it go? :(

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: retention

Post by Wanderer » Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:24 am

wisoansah wrote:so what documents do you need to apply for retention of rights.i have been married since 2007,my wife is playing around and i really want to get a divorce,how do i start and how does it go? :(
South Asian? Eastern European Wife? Three years married, one in UK?

U need her cooperation, proof she exercised a treaty right, and that she's registered on WRS if from an A8 State, so u need her passport and proof she's been working basically.

Search, this has been posed loads of times...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:09 am

What's the average for length of "mixed marriages" in the West these days? I imagine that the qualifying period for retention of rights has somewhat 'improved' the divorce stats. Imagine if the requirement were 1 year only; solicitors would be as abundant and indispensable as air!

There is no 'magic potion' for making a marriage work. If you get out too quick it may be that not enough was done to make amends or the marriage was contracted for unsustainable reasons in the first place. Even faced with INfidelity, if there's love and willingness...

But I better stop rambling before I get lynched!

wisoansah
Newly Registered

Re: retention

Post by wisoansah » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:31 pm

Wanderer wrote:
wisoansah wrote:so what documents do you need to apply for retention of rights.i have been married since 2007,my wife is playing around and i really want to get a divorce,how do i start and how does it go? :(
South Asian? Eastern European Wife? Three years married, one in UK?

U need her cooperation, proof she exercised a treaty right, and that she's registered on WRS if from an A8 State, so u need her passport and proof she's been working basically.

Search, this has been posed loads of times...
thanks for the answer Wanderer,but how do i start?do i alert the HO 1st before starting the divorce process or start the divorce 1st,and how do i alert the HO,any form to fill or just a letter,if a letter what format?can you please a format on here for please.thanks

Mary1

Post by Mary1 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:30 pm

wisoansah
Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:15 am Post subject: retention
so what documents do you need to apply for retention of rights.i have been married since 2007,my wife is playing around and i really want to get a divorce,how do i start and how does it go?
Spend a few hours searching this forum and I can guarantee you will find the answer you are looking for.