ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Business Visitor Visa on top of Tier1 Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Prashant428
BANNED

Business Visitor Visa on top of Tier1 Visa

Post by Prashant428 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:42 pm

Hi,

I have Tier1 UK Visa but my employer wants me to send on a Business Trip. I would like to know if I can get Business Visitor Visa when I already have Tier1 General Migrant Visa.

I have asked VFS and they said that since these 2 Visa are of different categories, there should not be any problem. Please suggest

Thanks,
Sachin

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:12 pm

NO!!...yon can't... at any time you can only be on ONE visa to UK.

if you stamp your visa with any other category, your Tier 1 becomes void and invalid.

Just don't understand, what's the issue in sending you on Tier 1 visa ??

AFAIK, you should not switch to another category as you risk invalidating your Tier 1.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:08 am

Couple of things ....

1. Please don't make multiple posts on the same topic.
2. It is neither appropriate nor the norm to delete all your previous posts (queries) after getting the answers you needed.

This said, coming to the query at hand:
ECB10.5 Applying for another visa but in a different category wrote:An applicant may hold more than one valid entry clearance, for example a regular traveller already holding a longer period multiple visit visa can be issued with a visa for another purpose. When issuing a second visa, the applicant should be advised to explain to the Immigration Officer on arrival in which capacity he/she is seeking entry to the UK.
This used to be on the UKVisas website until recently. Perhaps a change in policy? So check with VFS / BHC if this rule is still applicable. If it is, your Tier 1 (General) visa may remain valid.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

vinny

Re: Business Visitor Visa on top of Tier1 Visa

Post by vinny » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:14 am

Prashant428 wrote:Hi,

I have Tier1 UK Visa but my employer wants me to send on a Business Trip. I would like to know if I can get Business Visitor Visa when I already have Tier1 General Migrant Visa.

I have asked VFS and they said that since these 2 Visa are of different categories, there should not be any problem. Please suggest

Thanks,
Sachin
Is this an overseas non-UK employer?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:17 am

sushdmehta wrote:Couple of things ....

1. Please don't make multiple posts on the same topic.
2. It is neither appropriate nor the norm to delete all your previous posts (queries) after getting the answers you needed.

This said, coming to the query at hand:
ECB10.5 Applying for another visa but in a different category wrote:An applicant may hold more than one valid entry clearance, for example a regular traveller already holding a longer period multiple visit visa can be issued with a visa for another purpose. When issuing a second visa, the applicant should be advised to explain to the Immigration Officer on arrival in which capacity he/she is seeking entry to the UK.
This used to on the UKVisas website until recently. Perhaps a change in policy? So check with VFS / BHC if this rule is still applicable. If it is, your Tier 1 (General) visa may remain valid.

regards
Oh..my bad!...i wasn't aware of any such rule. I thought you can be on only one visa at any given time. Moreover, why he/she can't travel to uk on already issued Tier 1 visa and emphasise on issuing new business visa. I guess it might have something to do with the tax relief related to business visits??

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:57 am

ECB10.5 (quote above) has been replaced with this new instruction:
Can I have more than one visa? wrote:It is not possible to hold more than one visa or entry clearance. If your circumstances change you should always inform the Home Office before you leave the UK so that your permission to stay can be curtailed. Once your permission to stay has been curtailed you will be able to apply for a new visa overseas.

regards