ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what about engineers

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eager2learn

what about engineers

Post by eager2learn » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:40 pm

I am confused , isnt there any option for engineers(any kind) any more to immigrate to canada?

i was looking at the occupation list, it just has jobs like plumbers, electricians etc. but almost no high profile jobs for engineers or software professionals. Dont they think that they need engineers any more?

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: what about engineers

Post by raymasa2 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:01 pm

eager2learn wrote:I am confused , isnt there any option for engineers(any kind) any more to immigrate to canada?

i was looking at the occupation list, it just has jobs like plumbers, electricians etc. but almost no high profile jobs for engineers or software professionals. Dont they think that they need engineers any more?
There are some high profile jobs like doctors, but no engineers. They were dropped from the list in June this year when the new list was introduced.

Too many Canadians who engineers, IT and software professionals who can't find jobs. So they don't need non-Canadians for those jobs.

Economic downturn affected Canadians as well.

Ray