ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return or One way ...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Faye_hen
Newly Registered

Return or One way ...

Post by Faye_hen » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:36 am

Hi

Can anyone please advise if travelling on a one way ticket to London will cause any hassles at customs? I have a tier 1 visa and was told that travelling on a one way is perfectly ok.

However, there are numerous travel agents who are advising me not to do so and rather opt for a return instead. I'm pretty sure these are scare tactics by the travel agents so that they could sell return tickets.

Please advise?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Return or One way ...

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:54 am

Faye_hen wrote:Hi

Can anyone please advise if travelling on a one way ticket to London will cause any hassles at customs? I have a tier 1 visa and was told that travelling on a one way is perfectly ok.

However, there are numerous travel agents who are advising me not to do so and rather opt for a return instead. I'm pretty sure these are scare tactics by the travel agents so that they could sell return tickets.

Please advise?
Return ticket absolutely not necessary!!!

ukswus

Re: Return or One way ...

Post by ukswus » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:32 pm

Faye_hen wrote:Hi

Please advise?
Of course they just want to make money off you.

You are perfectly fine with a 1 way ticket.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:39 pm

Faye_hen, from the immigration point of view there is no need to have a return ticket. However, and I really don't understand why this should ever be the case, it is sometimes the case that a return ticket with return leg open is cheaper than a single ticket, or the same price or nearly.

So all I am saying is ... get quotes on both bases before buying your ticket.
John