ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa while on HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gps

Schengen visa while on HSMP

Post by gps » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:28 am

Has any one applied Schengen visa while on HSMP UK visa.
My HSMP UK visa will expire on 25th Aug which I am planning to extend in June (2 months in adv.).
I am planning to visit Itlay from 25-May to 4th June. But one requirement of Schengen visa says that the Schengen visa end date + 3 months = your Uk visa should be valid. I am falling short of around 15 days. Again - if I take Schengen visa till 5th June, my UK visa should be valid till 5th Sep but actually it is alid till Aug 25th.
I am confused weather I will get Schengen visa or not ? do any one has any idea of Schengen visa while having UK HSMP visa ?

Regards
- Gyan

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:30 am

why not get the VISA after your extension... you can book your tickets and accomodation now in advance

Smit
Member of Standing

Post by Smit » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:03 pm

In your circumstances, the longest Schengen visa you can get will be valid up to 24th May (being 3 months before 25th Aug) if you apply before your extension.

Smit

gps

Post by gps » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:05 pm

Thanks Olisun & Smit.

Olisun - I am planning to go from 27th May - 4th June.

Smit - Are they so strict abt 3 months deadline or I can try ?

Regards
- Gyan

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:16 pm

Gyan, seriously, it is not worth trying! Save the application fee ... because that is all it is ... an application fee ... not a success fee.

I think you really have to accept that the trip from "from 27th May - 4th June" is just not going to be possible. Either ensure your trip will end no later than 24th May ... or wait until you have your new UK visa.

By the way the Italians did not make up these rules. They were decided by all 15 Schengen area countries. So applying to another Schengen area country will not make any difference.
John

Rex

Post by Rex » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:10 pm

My experience was that they give visa till your visa date minus 15 days.
whenever you apply it will be till 10th of august.

Thats by my best knowledge.

can u paste a link here , where you read this requirement?

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:28 am

My 0.02c,

Best for the OP to apply post extension. Relevant Schengen country will be understandably nervous about your returnability to the UK....what incentive do you have to come back? Put yourself in the visa officer's shoes...would you be more likely to grant a visa to someone at end of 12 mth initial HSMP visa or commencment of 3 yr extension? Excactly.