ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Rejected - Urgent Help Required

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

guaravd

Tier 1 Rejected - Urgent Help Required

Post by guaravd » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:49 am

I received my Tier 1 status today ie 21st Aug 2010 and it was rejected.

Kindly find ECO Comments for your reference:
"You have claimed 30 points based on your income for the period 01.07.09 to 30.06.10. However, an amount of Rs. 145000 has been paid outside this period, on 15.07.10, and therefore this cannot be considered.
Given the above, you have not provided the correct evidence to show your previous earnings. I have therefore awarded you only 25 points.

In the above scenario i have claimed points from 2 sources of income ie Salary & Contract
I have been awarded proper points for income claimed from salary ie from 01.07.09 to 30.06.10.
Alternatively i have also earned income from my small time business wherein i have received total 3 payments via cheque which is cleared in my account. Out of the above 3 payments 2 are issued between the period of 01.07.09 to 30.06.10 and are cleared in my bank accounts during the similar period for which i have been awarded the points. 1 cheque was issued on 15/07/10 which was cleared on 20.07.10 in my bank account which is not considered by ECO. Also i have submitted a certificate from my accountant confirming and authenticating all the above incomes

I would like to understand here that do i stand a chance in AR or I need to re-apply
If yes, how do i convince the reviewer to consider my income of Rs.145000
Is there any cooling off period from the date of rejection to re-apply

Your immediate response will be highly appreciated

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:20 am

The cheque was issued and cleared outside the 12 month period. Your claim period of 12 months is from 01.07.09 to 30.06.10 and you claim a payment outside the period that was issued on 15.07.2010.

IMHO, I dont think there is any chance in AR. You will have to reapply and this time be careful and claim only earnings for 12 months.

No there is no cooling off period.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:38 pm

Feels sorry for you mate, but ECO is right in his comment.
You cannot claim earning outside the claim period.

I'd advise you to re-apply with correct claim period this time.

guaravd

Post by guaravd » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:58 pm

But if i still wish to put it for AR how do i present my case

crowbar6
Member of Standing

Post by crowbar6 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:27 pm

guaravd wrote:But if i still wish to put it for AR how do i present my case
Speak to a lawyer... you have already been advised by the forum that the Case Worker's comments are correct. Only a qualified lawyer can help you conjure up reasons to get the judgement reviewed.
Regards,
crowbar6

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:43 pm

When you cannot spell out the reason for AR of your own application, how can you expect other people to explain to you how to "present" your case? And that too when people are of the opinion that the decision was not in error!

regards

guaravd

Post by guaravd » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:33 am

sushdmehta wrote:
When you cannot spell out the reason for AR of your own application, how can you expect other people to explain to you how to "present" your case? And that too when people are of the opinion that the decision was not in error!

regards
Thanks for the information and support.
Since multiple brains flush out multiple ideas i was just trying to figure out if somebody throws an idea wherein i can put my case for AR coz as per my opinion i already knew that i have to re-apply