ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NARIC report on Degree

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kibria

NARIC report on Degree

Post by Kibria » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:13 am

Hi Guys,

I have a 3 years BCS degree from FAST Lahore. I have studied in MS program for 2 years but its stillnot complete, although I do have a MS transcript.

Does NARIC accept 3 years FAST degree is comparative to British gradutae level. Its been over a month and I have received nothing from NARIC.

Regards
Kibria

kumi

call them up..

Post by kumi » Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:30 am

Call them up and confirm. Sometimes, they would have sent out the response, which never reaches us... postal delay or something... You can even ask them what was the equivalent....

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:21 pm

Kibria,

Could you please explain what does FAST stand for?

Also have a look at this link
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=6263

Another applicant from Pakistan and unfortunatly he didnt get points for education. He also had some FAST degree from Karachi. Maybe you could benefit from his experience.

Good luck.

Kibria

FAST Degree

Post by Kibria » Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:50 am

FAST stands for Foundation for Advanement of Science and Technology. Thsi is however old name of the university which is now known as National University of computers and Emerging Sciences.

FAST was a foundation that has been running computer science program since 1985.

Initially it was affiliated with the University of Punjab and graduates had to sit in an Punjab University exam (Lahore campus) and used to get a 3 years BCS degree from PU.

After it got charter and was recognised as a university it is now known as NUCES (National University of computers and Emerging Sciences) that has 4 years BS degree instead of 3 years.

Students who had graduated from FAST earlier were given the option to get a 4 years degree by studying additional credit hours I think 130 and get a 4 years NUCES degree. 3 years BCS had a requirement of 101 credit hours.

I have read the answers to a few questions here and there seem to be a confusion. I know people who have 3 years and 4 years FAST degree NUCES degree and have their HSMP approved. On the other hand some are getting refused.

I was also thinking to get the degree assessed from NARIC but reading a post today is making it dodgy again :).

I know for sure that MAsters degree is not the only scenario in which NARIC relate to UK Bachelors level as I personally know people whose 4 years NUCES has been accepted by HSMP team.

But my case is different I have 3 years NUCES degree. However I have enrolled myself in Masters program and it will take another year to complete.

I was wondering whether I should send my Masters transcript along with BCS degree which might be equated to UK british graduate level??? Not sure???

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Sun Dec 25, 2005 1:15 pm

I was wondering whether I should send my Masters transcript along with BCS degree which might be equated to UK british graduate level??? Not sure???
Doubtful... Without your master degree certificate, the transcript would not count for much.

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:48 pm

3 years FAST degree is not equivalent to UK's BAchelors.. it is not possible as i guess NARIC still has FAST in its database with 3years BCS , thats why they r not accepting it.. i'm not sure about NUCES...

Kibria

NUCES Degree

Post by Kibria » Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:27 am

Well sorry for alittle confusion I have NUCES degree. I received the letter from NARIC yesturday stating that it equivalent to British Graduate Degree (ordinary) level.

I think now its safe to claim points for education with this letter from NARIC???

Kibria

Spouse Degree Points

Post by Kibria » Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:49 pm

Hi,

I am going to start another thread along with my degree case. If I want to claim points for the spouse is it necessary that she should have a Bachelors degree or 4 years+ of job experience will also suffice.

My wife has a 2 years BA degree from Punjab University lahore plus 4 + years of industry experience, is it sufficient enough to claim points?

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:26 pm

She should either be a graduate or have graduate level work experience. Along with that you also need to be able to prove that you have been living together for at least 2 years. That requires submitting along with your marriage certificate, 3 items of bills addressed to you or your spouse over a two year period.

Kibria

Bills Addresses on My Name

Post by Kibria » Tue Dec 27, 2005 2:31 pm

Thank you very much for the information

I just want to confirm that is it ok to send my correspondence address details for the last two years period or I have to provide for my spouse also as I hardly have any correspondence proofs for her at our address, just one or two but that was thew time when we were living in UK now we are back in Pakistan and I don't have any utility bills correspondence for her.

So will my correspondence suffice? Thanks for the quick reply really appreciate

MWazir
Diamond Member

Re: Bills Addresses on My Name

Post by MWazir » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:45 pm

Kibria wrote:Thank you very much for the information

I just want to confirm that is it ok to send my correspondence address details for the last two years period or I have to provide for my spouse also as I hardly have any correspondence proofs for her at our address, just one or two but that was thew time when we were living in UK now we are back in Pakistan and I don't have any utility bills correspondence for her.

So will my correspondence suffice? Thanks for the quick reply really appreciate
I am afraid you cannot submit bills with only your name on it. The idea is to provide evidence to the home office that you and your spouse have lived together for 2 years or more. If you submit documents with only your name on it, you will not be able to prove that.

If you dont have enough documentation to prove then you will not be able to claim points in this category.

Here is another current topic thats discussing the same issue
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=6294