ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Banking experience +customer service

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zaynab79
United Kingdom

Banking experience +customer service

Post by zaynab79 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:14 am

Hello everyone,
il be in UK right after eid and wanted to find out if anyone here works in bank or has idea about job openings in compliance related dept. I have customer service experience as well in telecommunication and banking sector.
i also need a UK format cv in order for me to update mine b4 i travel.

wabuthu

Re: Banking experience +customer service

Post by wabuthu » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:48 pm

In regards to the field of customer service, i'd say that every single unemployed person in the UK right now, no matter their field of study is trying to get a customer service job just to be able to make some extra cash as they keep applying for their ideal job.

But this is just my personal take on the matter so could be wrong....

Which visa are you coming to the UK with?
zaynab79 wrote:Hello everyone,
il be in UK right after eid and wanted to find out if anyone here works in bank or has idea about job openings in compliance related dept. I have customer service experience as well in telecommunication and banking sector.
i'm not a professional, i'm just giving responses from personal experiences or from ukba or ukcisa links that appear appropriate to the situation. currently on PSW visa

gaurav.y.singh
Newly Registered

Re: Banking experience +customer service

Post by gaurav.y.singh » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:12 am

zaynab79 wrote:Hello everyone,
Zayna,

I'm on the hunt for Banking jos as well. But still in India and my Teir 1 starts from Octoer 01, 2010. It'll e good to coordinate and share strategies.

zaynab79
United Kingdom

Post by zaynab79 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:26 am

wabuthu: m going there on tier 1 visa. so ur telling me that there r customer service jobs there?
can u plz suggest safe and affordable area to live in and il be looking for rental studio will it be possible to get one in 15 days

pakhal123
Newly Registered

Post by pakhal123 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:11 am

zaynab

I believe Customer Service jobs are available, but are not going to pay enough for Tier 1 extension. However, this is the impression I got through internet, so might just as well be wrong.

For a Tier 1 immigrant a High Skilled job is the answer. Unfortunately for a high skilled banking job in the UK, you need to have some UK experience along with some related certifications unless you are an exceptional case. A few months search-n-apply-online so far has only got me 2 phone interviews and no break. Yes, I'm also in Banking, not exceptional, and apparently things do not look good for me in the UK.

By the way, I'm planning to visit the UK anyway for about a month from October. So Zaynab and/or Gourav, if you guys are open for some sharing, please count me in.

Is there a UK format of the CV? If there is, i'd like to get hold of one.

Regards