ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visit visa under process over 3 months

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sandip32p
Newly Registered

Family visit visa under process over 3 months

Post by sandip32p » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:10 pm

Hi,

It has been over 3.5 months and still I am waiting for reply from British High Commission, Mumbai for my mother-in-law's family visa application. According to website 60 days is maximum time to process application for famiy visit visa and it has been 73 days. They haven't made any decision on the application. My wife's has already given birth to baby girl two weeks ago. In response to emails, fax and letters to british high commission, we got only standard reply application is under process and we are doing our internal inqurey. I have two questions:-

1) If my parent's will apply for visa while my mother-in-law's application is under process would affect their visa application because I and my wife both are sponsor in both application?

2) Do I need to mention in the sponsorship letter that we have applied for my mother in law's visa but still under process. Hence, we are apply for my parents visa to visit their grand child.

Thanks in advance,
Sandip

alikhan28
BANNED

Re: Family visit visa under process over 3 months

Post by alikhan28 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:18 am

sandip32p wrote:Hi,

I
1) If my parent's will apply for visa while my mother-in-law's application is under process would affect their visa application because I and my wife both are sponsor in both application?
Yes.

You have to prove you can maintain and accommodate 3 people.

2) Do I need to mention in the sponsorship letter that we have applied for my mother in law's visa but still under process. Hence, we are apply for my parents visa to visit their grand child.
There is ia question in application form.Do yours sponsors has sponsored before?

You would answer Yes.

It is up to you do you explain in yours cover letter or not.

Ali
..................................................................................................
This is simply a general discussion not an immigration advice. I not necessarily correct on everything I would say. I am learning too