ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registering for British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

panpanman
Newly Registered

Registering for British Citizenship

Post by panpanman » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:03 pm

Hi all, I am in the process of applying for British Citizenship.

I was born in the UK in 1990 and have always lived here. I also hold an indefinite leave to remain.

As far as I understand, I can register for British Citizenship as oppose to naturalising. I was just looking for confirmation to reassure myself.

I am currently in the process of filling application form T but I'm a bit stuck on Section 3: Good Character Requirement. I am a full time student and none of the options apply for me from question 3.2 to 3.5. Question 3.1 asks what my occupation is (student). Question 3.2 then asks for me to choose from; a) an emplyee, b) a business partner, c) self-employed, d) a director. It then asks for details of the employer/business. Should I leave all questions after 3.1 blank?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:50 pm

As none of the options apply to you, just leave that part blank. you will have noted that those who use this form are aged 10 and above therefore quite a lot of them would not be able to complete that part of the form. so just fill the part of 'Student' and leave the rest empty. you should have nothing to worry about

panpanman
Newly Registered

Post by panpanman » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:54 pm

Thank you f2k. Also, do you think I am using the most appropriate process to apply for British Citizenship?

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:29 pm

panpanman wrote:Thank you f2k. Also, do you think I am using the most appropriate process to apply for British Citizenship?
yes i believe you are using the most appropriate process, in my opinion. the requirements for registration are less strigent than for naturalisation and also cheaper. the only issue is proving you lived in UK for the 1st 10years of your life

panpanman
Newly Registered

Post by panpanman » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:53 pm

Yes, you are right. The biggest benefit I suppose would be the fact that I wouldn't need the Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK requirement. I think that I will send my passport which covered some of the first ten years, a letter from my GP (which I can hopefully get), and primary school reports. This will hopefully be sufficient evidence to the Agency. I will also send off the compulsory documents such as birth certificate, form T and the payment form.