ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No one is responding!!! Can anyone help me

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NEW_OC_USER
Newly Registered

No one is responding!!! Can anyone help me

Post by NEW_OC_USER » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:00 am

I am from Pakistan and studying in Germany in Masters of Engineering program. After the end of second semester I am planning to get marry in Pakistan. However, the problem started as I surfed through internet to see how I can bring my to be spouse to Germany when I am still studying.

I want my spouse to be with me for the second year and then on we can see if it better to stay in Germany on graduate work visa or come back.

I just read somewhere that I cannot bring my spouse when I am studying. At other place I read that postgraduate students can sponsor their spouses. Still at another place I found that my spouse cannot be with me for a longer duration or on long term visa but can accompay me on shorter visa of 90 days per year. Can anyone at least guide me with the whole situation and tell me what should be done here? I believe that if I can show finances then there shouldn't be any problem.

Also if short term visa is the only way what are the chances that she can accompany me, I mean can the visa still be rejected on random accounts?

I am desperately looking for a solution and will greatly appreciate any kind of help.

Regards

alikhan28
BANNED

Re: No one is responding!!! Can anyone help me

Post by alikhan28 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:10 am

NEW_OC_USER wrote:I am from Pakistan and studying in Germany in Masters of Engineering program. After the end of second semester I am planning to get marry in Pakistan. However, the problem started as I surfed through internet to see how I can bring my to be spouse to Germany when I am still studying.

I want my spouse to be with me for the second year and then on we can see if it better to stay in Germany on graduate work visa or come back.

I just read somewhere that I cannot bring my spouse when I am studying. At other place I read that postgraduate students can sponsor their spouses. Still at another place I found that my spouse cannot be with me for a longer duration or on long term visa but can accompay me on shorter visa of 90 days per year. Can anyone at least guide me with the whole situation and tell me what should be done here? I believe that if I can show finances then there shouldn't be any problem.

Also if short term visa is the only way what are the chances that she can accompany me, I mean can the visa still be rejected on random accounts?

I am desperately looking for a solution and will greatly appreciate any kind of help.

Regards
My friend why not you go to German home office web site and read Student dependent visa rules.

I know little about German immigration..sorry.

Ali
..................................................................................................
This is simply a general discussion not an immigration advice. I not necessarily correct on everything I would say. I am learning too

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: No one is responding!!! Can anyone help me

Post by ALKB » Thu May 10, 2012 9:21 pm

Reading through the guidance for international students of several universities, it seems unusal but not entirely impossible for a student to bring a dependant to Germany.

Your wife will need a visa to enter Germany, after which she needs to go to the local Ausländerbehörde to register and get her residence permit. She will not be able to stay after your studies are complete/longer than you are staying.

To get both the visa and the permit, you will need to show that you have adequate finances to support the two of you without recourse to public funds and that you have adequate accommodation.

Please note that the Foreign Ministry states that a visa that leads to a longer stay in Germany can take 'several months' to process.

I haven´t found anything specific about a dependant visa for family members of students on the Ministry´s web site. I´d contact the German Embassy in Islamabad or the nearest Consulate and enquire about the possibilities.

Good luck.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu May 10, 2012 10:53 pm

Thanks for the info but the original post is almost two years old so I guess he graduated already...

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Fri May 11, 2012 8:11 am

Oh dear, I am ever so sorry!

I stumbled upon this while searching for something else and just saw the rather desperate plea for help. I honestly didn´t realise how old the post was. *cringes*

Maybe it will be useful for somebody else?