ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR long residence ( 2001 delays from home office)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

powershower
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

ILR long residence ( 2001 delays from home office)

Post by powershower » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:17 pm

Dear All,

I am currently present in UK for 9 years and 11 months now. All my visa extension were on time without any GAPS except one. The very first extension application which I sent in time was received after almost 4 and half month.

Visa was Expiring on 31st October 2001
Passport Sent for extension: Around 3rd week in Oct 2001 with Royal mail special delivery (lost the receipt of the delivery)
Home office sent letter: Date 13/12/2001 We have received application and A caseworker in the initial consideration unit will consider in 6 week.
Visa officer sent letter: Date 21/01/2002 with an extension of stay.

I have requested my SAR file 10 days ago, Which I guess will at least take 4 weeks to receive. As far as I know there is no GAP in my case so far, but the letter dated 13/12/2001 made me keep thinking why they wrote this letter after so long. Was that normal behavior from Home office those days. Should I send my application now or wait for SAR.
Waiting for your advice.....

Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:26 am

If you posted your application before your leave had expired, then it would not be considered as a Gap.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.