ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about Referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Newbies
Newly Registered

Question about Referee

Post by Newbies » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:34 pm

Hi all, I had an appointment with the NCS today to submit my application for naturalization. Referee 1 is an accountant and a British national, referee 2 is not a British citizen but aged 30 and does not belong to any professional body.

The NCS advisor said that referee 2 should be a british citizen and must be above 25 years old. I am confused. Can someone clarify this for me pls.

I have 2 missing P60's and no P45. I have contacted HMRC to send me a statement of earnings covering the the 2years period. Would that be sufficient, I could not get hold of my previous employer. Note: I am from an EEA country living in the UK for 6years. Have been in employment for the 6years period.

Thanks in advance

chashmebaddur

Post by chashmebaddur » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:45 pm

One referee should be a person of any nationality who has professional standing, such as a doctor, a minister of religion, civil servant or a member of a professional body, e.g. accountant or solicitor (but not representing you with this application). A list of acceptable
professional persons can be found on our website

The other referee must be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.

In ur case referee 1 british passport holder, professional.... requirement 2 fulfilled
however, requirement 1 says.... any nationality....professional standing... not fulfilled... as other referee is satisfying only one condition... and not other i.e. member of professional body

by the way where did u go to NCS???

Newbies
Newly Registered

Post by Newbies » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:56 pm

Thank u for your quick response chashmebaddur. That means they are right. I thought it will be fine as far as 1 is British and also a professional. I will have to look for another British referee.
Last edited by Newbies on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Newbies
Newly Registered

Post by Newbies » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:16 pm

Newbies wrote:Thank u for your quick response chashmebaddur. That means they are right. I thought it will be fine as far as 1 is British and also a professional. I will have to look for another British referee.

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:58 am

Hi

I'm have appointment with NCS soon, my referees already filled the form . the first referee is british citizen professional and the 2nd refree filled by a different nationality professional. would that be okay. please advise

chashmebaddur

Post by chashmebaddur » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:27 pm

One referee should be a person of any nationality who has professional standing, such as a doctor, a minister of religion, civil servant or a member of a professional body, e.g. accountant or solicitor (but not representing you with this application). A list of acceptable
professional persons can be found on our website

The other referee must be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25.

In ur case referee 1 british passport holder, professional.... requirement 2 fulfilled
however, requirement 1 says.... any nationality....professional standing... not fulfilled... as other referee is satisfying only one condition... and not other i.e. member of professional body

newbie... there is no requirement for two british referee as long as one of them is professional, with any nationality...

smiles... you will be ok with ur referee ... best of luck... where did u book ur NCS ?

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:19 pm

many thanks chashmebaddur- i booked at NCS aylesbury [Buckinghamshire]