ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traffice offence Question in AN Form?Please Advise

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nwe84

Traffice offence Question in AN Form?Please Advise

Post by nwe84 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:01 pm

I got Full Driving UK License and My counterpart paper all columns are BLANK and No offenses are mentioned.(As I haven't commited any offenses since is last 5 year).

Just for peace of Mind do i need to check with DVLA? or Shall i go and Tick NO in AN Form.

Please advise

I got NCS appointment Next week?

Thanks

taliska

Post by taliska » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:45 pm

IF you have had traffic offeces which would have points on your license then you would have had to send the counterpart license off to the DVLA for endorsments, so I would think that from what you say, you have not committed any traffic offences, as if you had done the DVLA would have contacted you for payment of the fine and for endorsments to be added to the license. Unless you have moved and not declared your new address to the DVLA which would be possibly an offence :) . Good Luck with your application

Backer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Backer » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:19 pm

The fact that you don't have any convictions on your paper license does not put you completely in the clear as most points get cleared after 4 years but If you are confident you did not have any driving convictions with a fine in the last 5 years they would have been spent by now so you can safely tick no.

nwe84

Post by nwe84 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:40 pm

taliska,

My License is on my current address since last 3 yrs.

Thanks for your all support guys

Thanks
Nwe

taliska

Post by taliska » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:28 pm

nwe84 wrote:taliska,

My License is on my current address since last 3 yrs.

Thanks for your all support guys

Thanks
Nwe
Sounds like you're overthinking the form. If you did have a traffic offence then you should know about it or you can write to the DVLA to check but like I said you should have been changing your address with the DVLA everytime you moved so as long as you kept that up to date you should not have any offences you don't know about. Unless ofcourse if you're not telling us everything. But if you are, you should tick NO with confidence