ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SALARY UK & INDIA

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

goosekool
Newly Registered

SALARY UK & INDIA

Post by goosekool » Sun Dec 25, 2005 7:29 pm

Hi All,
I worked in UK from Jan 2005 to July 2005 and after that I have been transferred to India. Now I’m planning to apply for HSMP. Is it possible to combine both UK & INDIA region salaries? Do they accept?
Thanks in advance
--Jawahar
goosekool@yahoo.com

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:20 pm

Yes BUT .... and it is a big but!

If you have been transferred from the UK to India and although working in India you still retain the sort of salary (in monetary terms) that you were earning in the UK .... then although the earnings are in India you would still use the UK scale to assess how many points the Indian earnings would attract.

For example, say someone was earning say £30000 pa in the UK and is then transferred to India but retains the same sort of salary, or the equivalent in Indian currency, they would not use the Indian scale for assessing the HSMP points, but instead use the UK one.
John

kumi

pro rata..

Post by kumi » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:17 am

and I think it iwll be calculated pro rata based on the number of days you stayed in UK and India considering one year before your application. (is it changed now ??)

There is a one more simple rule which you can "sort of" use. I think Jan-July was a short term permit, and you were ctually getting paid your basic salary in India and getting taxed in india for that amount. Try claiming points for only your indian salary for the whole year (if its good enough with points).

Dineshj
Newly Registered

Post by Dineshj » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:21 am

But at the same time Donot hide UK employment details