ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Old work permit to Tier2, new job

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kishorbm
Newly Registered

Old work permit to Tier2, new job

Post by Kishorbm » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:37 pm

Hi, i'm currently on old work permit valid for 60 months, arrived in UK in Sept 2008. I've been offered a new job, my occupation is under shortage list. The company will be giving my a CoS soon. I've booked my personal interview at PEO, Croydon on 1st ocotber. I've gone through the rules, and as far as I can understand, switching is allowed from work permit to tier2. My work permit doesn't mention that it's a business and commercial one, but its not TWES nor MEWP or other ones, so I guess it is business and commercial. I don't have to show evidence for maintenance funds as I've been in Uk on WP for more than 12 months.?
My present job has one month notice period, so I'm not sure when to resign, after I get my tier2 visa or before, will my work permit be cancelled straight away on the day of my interview?
Also does anyone know if I can start work before the biometric residence permit arrives?

mimimt

Post by mimimt » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:42 pm

You can not apply under Tier 2 Transitional Arrangement A if your new job is different to the one you held with the WP. You will need to meet all the requirements as a Tier 2 new applicant (as opposed to an extension under Transitional Arrangement A), that means meeting the language and maintenance fund requirements.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:10 am

New employer means a fresh Tier 2 application. Transitional arrangements apply only when you are in the same job with the same employer.

You can work with the current employer until the start date on the new CoS, provided the current leave (WP) doesn't expire before then.

regards