ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

i need your help,

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alial575
Newly Registered

i need your help,

Post by alial575 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:30 am

hi to all,just to give some information that would help to direct me on what to do,im British originally from iraq,my wife and son in iraq and i would like to bring them to uk,i live in glasgow, work full time with wages of 220/week net,i pay 255 rent +80 council tax per month,i wonder if my wages is enough under the immigration rules and what is the application form they need? is it both of them in one application or each one needs different application? many thnax

alikhan28
BANNED

Re: i need your help,

Post by alikhan28 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:03 am

alial575 wrote:hi to all,just to give some information that would help to direct me on what to do,im British originally from iraq,my wife and son in iraq and i would like to bring them to uk,i live in glasgow, work full time with wages of 220/week net,i pay 255 rent +80 council tax per month,i wonder if my wages is enough under the immigration rules and what is the application form they need? is it both of them in one application or each one needs different application? many thnax
You would struggle with this amount.

As you need income support level for 3 people after paying accommodation and council tax.

Thats is £157(double check) per week after paying rent and accommodation.

So very difficult in yours case.

Ali
..................................................................................................
This is simply a general discussion not an immigration advice. I not necessarily correct on everything I would say. I am learning too

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:59 pm

Well let's just do the maths. £220 per week is £953.33 per month, and then we deduct housing costs of £335 per month, leaving £618.33 per month. That is £142.69 per week ... net income after housing costs.

We need to compare that against the Income Support level of benefits. For a couple the figure is £102.75, and then add £57.57 for one child, giving us a total of £160.32 per week.

Accordingly, as alikhan28 suggests, the financial test is not passed. You are £17.63 short of income. so alial575 I suggest that the applications are not made until net income after housing costs exceeds the relevant Income Support figure. Anything you can do to earn more money? At least for a temporary period, get a part-time job to boost your earnings?

Also how much are you earning gross, before deductions? Just wondering whether you might qualify for Working Tax Credits?

How old is your son?

By the way, when they have got visas to enter the UK, there will immediately be an entitlement to claim Child Benefit and Child Tax Credits. However para 6C of the Immigration Rules prevents you using those potential benefits into account in order to pass the financial test.

The applications? A form needed for each of them, and two application fees to pay.
John

alial575
Newly Registered

thanx...

Post by alial575 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:10 pm

many thanx, i really appreciate your help and advice.ali

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:45 pm

So are you eligible to claim Working Tax Credits? If you tell us how much you are earning gross .... before deductions .... it will be possible to make a calculation.
John

alial575
Newly Registered

hi john

Post by alial575 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:03 am

john,many thanx,i was abroad for couple of years in egypt,i came back to uk last year and i manged to get a part time job,my p60 says that i eared 800 quid and there is zero tax till 5th of april,i started working as full time from april this year,my wages is 265 quid/week,i pay income tax 28,employee nic 17.05 and employer nic 19.85 quid.i hope that will give enough information to help me of what to do.many thnx

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:14 am

Unfortunately that is too much to qualify for Working Tax Credits, as shown on this HMRC webpage.

By the way, how old is your son, as asked above.
John

alial575
Newly Registered

hi john

Post by alial575 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:24 am

hi john,much appreciated,he is 3 months old,i'll try to get apart time job :(
many thnx.ali