ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 1 Visa - Refused due to unregistered Managing Acct.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fayzansam
Newly Registered

Post by fayzansam » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:33 pm

Hi,

I applied for Tier 1 Visa on 28th July and received my refusal on 11th Aug 2010. The reason for refusal mentioned is that my Accountant is not registered with ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CIPFA etc,. But my Accountant is registered with ICAI. The highest registered body for CA in India. Please help me to file for an Admin Review.
Any Suggestions??? how to approach for the same..

Thanks in advance,
Faizan M.

push
United Kingdom

Re: UK Tier 1 Visa - Refused due to unregistered Managing Ac

Post by push » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:46 pm

fayzansam wrote:Hi,

I applied for Tier 1 Visa on 28th July and received my refusal on 11th Aug 2010. The reason for refusal mentioned is that my Accountant is not registered with ACCA, CIMA, ACA, CIPFA etc,. But my Accountant is registered with ICAI. The highest registered body for CA in India. Please help me to file for an Admin Review.

Thanks in advance,
Faizan M.
Please post the exact wording of refusal.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

somsom2010
Newly Registered

Post by somsom2010 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:29 pm

push wrote:

Thanks in advance,
Faizan M.
Please post the exact wording of refusal.
I have been refused because the chartered accountant doesn't detail the net earnings, he only detailed the gross earnings .so i applied for administrative review on 24/08/2010 am still waiting for reply .Good luck

fayzansam
Newly Registered

Post by fayzansam » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:36 am

Eco Comment: You are required to show two pieces of evidences from two two different sources to corroborate your income. You have submitted the following.

1. Official Tax Return.

2. Invoice explanations/payment summaries from managing agent/accountant. According to published guidance, this document should include a breakdown from your accountant of the gross salary, tax deductions and dividend payments should be the same as your earnings and the payment summary should correspond with net payments in your personal bank account. Your accountant must be either fully qualified or certified accountant who are member of a registered body such as ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CIPFA etc,. You have not provided the requisite information nor have you shown that your accountant or your certified accountant is a member of a registered body.

3. Letter from managing agent/accountant must be on letter headed and must confirm the gross and net pay for the period claimed. The letter should also give a breakdown salary, profits, tax credits and dates of payment earned. Your accountant must be either fully qualified or certified accountant who are member of a registered body such as ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CIPFA etc,. You have not provided the requisite information nor have you shown that your accountant or your certified accountant is a member of a registered body.

This is the original comment by ECO.

My comments on this:
1. Official tax return document is the document with the seal of Income tax of India and ministry of Finance.
2. All my invoices payments and profits have been correctly mentioned in the document from my managing agent/accountant.
3. My profits for the period claimed is mentioned on the letter head of my managing agent and it also contains the seal, signature and membership number which can be verified on ICAI.

Help me to approach them, they have not check it properly, they seems to be more lazy at work. No wonder UK employees are losing lot of revenue due to networking websites.

Thanks in advance,
Faizan M

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:30 am

Tax documents can only be used when the 12 month claim period corresponds with the financial (tax) year of the country where the application is submitted. Clearly explained in the policy guidance.

A company's profits may not be same as your (an individual) personal income. The letter from accountant must disclose your personal income (gross, deductions, dividends, net etc.) in the 12 months for which you have claimed points.

regards

HSK Accountancy Services

Post by HSK Accountancy Services » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:15 pm

Thanks in advance,
Faizan M.
Did you apply in India or UK?

Did you check your accountant has full practicing licence registered with ICAI?

Please note not every accountant (even a member of above bodies) can sign the documents etc unless he/she has active practicing licence.

Being a member is different than having a practicing licence!

Hope that helps.

Regards