ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surrendering Indian Passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ngkumar
Newly Registered

Surrendering Indian Passport

Post by ngkumar » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:28 am

Hi All,

I got British passport and planning to surrender my Indian passport. Can some one out of their experience please help should I have to go to Indian embassy in the morning or can I go any time and Surrender my passport.

As well can I apply for OCI on the same day or should I have to wait till I get my surrende rcertificate.

Thanks,
Kumar

alikhan28
BANNED

Re: Surrendering Indian Passport

Post by alikhan28 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:41 am

ngkumar wrote:Hi All,

I got British passport and planning to surrender my Indian passport. Can some one out of their experience please help should I have to go to Indian embassy in the morning or can I go any time and Surrender my passport.

As well can I apply for OCI on the same day or should I have to wait till I get my surrende rcertificate.

Thanks,
Kumar
You should Google Indian Consulate website and ask them or ring them and ask your questions.

http://www.hcilondon.in/contactus.php

Ali
..................................................................................................
This is simply a general discussion not an immigration advice. I not necessarily correct on everything I would say. I am learning too

pepe
Newly Registered

timelines for surrendering indian passporte

Post by pepe » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:44 pm

hello mate

me too in similar boat for surrendering indian passporte, spoke to hci london and its 1-2 weeks if you go personally....

don't know if you've/forum got some real timelines on this

pepe

naveensoni
Newly Registered

Re: timelines for surrendering indian passporte

Post by naveensoni » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:20 pm

pepe wrote:hello mate

me too in similar boat for surrendering indian passporte, spoke to hci london and its 1-2 weeks if you go personally....

don't know if you've/forum got some real timelines on this

pepe
I applied on 24th Auguts and Got on 3rd september.... In person London HCI. also make sure you double check all the details on the surrender certificate especially spelling, passport numbers etc.