ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"same" earnings every year for 3 years? Tier 1 Gen

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sheronline
Newly Registered

"same" earnings every year for 3 years? Tier 1 Gen

Post by sheronline » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:37 pm

Hello,

I have got Highly Skilled Worker visa which was granted to me in March, 2010 and is valid for 3 years.

I have got a couple questions -
Question 1 -
I have just checked on points based calculator (@homeoffice website) that I need to earn around £25000 to score 20 points to be eligible for extension application. I want to know if HomeOffice would check 3 years income/earnings (£25k each year) at the time of my extension application? or it would be just last 12 months?

Question 2 -
My visa expires on 20th March. Can I apply one month or two months before the visa expiry date as my birthday falls in March? (as I would like claim points for age)

I hope you can help me finding answers to the above. Is there anything else I need to know?
Thank you,
Sheronline

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: "same" earnings every year for 3 years? Tier 1

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:30 pm

sheronline wrote:Hello,

I have got Highly Skilled Worker visa which was granted to me in March, 2010 and is valid for 3 years.

I have got a couple questions -
Question 1 -
I have just checked on points based calculator (@homeoffice website) that I need to earn around £25000 to score 20 points to be eligible for extension application. I want to know if HomeOffice would check 3 years income/earnings (£25k each year) at the time of my extension application? or it would be just last 12 months?
12 months in the last 15 months

Question 2 -
My visa expires on 20th March. Can I apply one month or two months before the visa expiry date as my birthday falls in March? (as I would like claim points for age)
Yes

I hope you can help me finding answers to the above. Is there anything else I need to know?
Thank you,
Sheronline

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:38 am

sheronline wrote:Is there anything else I need to know?
That you will qualify for extension as per rules in force at that time. Unfortunately, no one can predict for you 3 years in advance what the rules will be, then.

regards

sheronline
Newly Registered

Post by sheronline » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:17 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
sheronline wrote:Is there anything else I need to know?
That you will qualify for extension as per rules in force at that time. Unfortunately, no one can predict for you 3 years in advance what the rules will be, then.

regards
Thanks @Sushdmehta and @Aruni4470