ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

marriage

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tee.bee
Newly Registered

marriage

Post by tee.bee » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:52 pm

Hi,
i am a British National by birth, and got married to my Husband in May 2002(8+ years) in Karachi pakistan. He is a Pakistani National. i have lived with him in Pakistan ever since but we have visited UK a few times since my entire family lives there. We have two children and i am working for the British Council in Karachi since 2006 as a Manager. We want to move back to UK. can you tell me how we can apply for my husbands visa from pakistan? which visa does he qualify for and which form do we complete, how much is 'sufficient funds' and what other important documents do i need to attach with the application. can you give me complete guidance since i am very confused right now. Many thanks.

alikhan28
BANNED

Re: marriage

Post by alikhan28 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:20 am

tee.bee wrote:Hi,
i am a British National by birth, and got married to my Husband in May 2002(8+ years) in Karachi pakistan. He is a Pakistani National. i have lived with him in Pakistan ever since but we have visited UK a few times since my entire family lives there. We have two children and i am working for the British Council in Karachi since 2006 as a Manager. We want to move back to UK. can you tell me how we can apply for my husbands visa from pakistan? which visa does he qualify for and which form do we complete, how much is 'sufficient funds' and what other important documents do i need to attach with the application. can you give me complete guidance since i am very confused right now. Many thanks.
You are working for British council and dont know these minor questions.

Go to Uk visa web site and search for this information.

There are lot of thread here on this forum where you would find all yours questions.

Ali
..................................................................................................
This is simply a general discussion not an immigration advice. I not necessarily correct on everything I would say. I am learning too

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:03 am

See also Guidance.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

HRY2005
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: marriage

Post by HRY2005 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:07 pm

alikhan28 wrote:
tee.bee wrote: i am working for the British Council in Karachi since 2006 as a Manager.
You should know the requirements
Live and let live

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:24 pm

alikhan28 wrote:You are working for British council and dont know these minor questions.
HRY2005 wrote:You should know the requirements
If she knew the answers to her questions, why would she be asking? I am disturbed to read that a new member of this Board has received such responses. Just because she works for the British Council does not mean that she is aware of UK immigration policy.

tee.bee, hopefully you have checked links provided by Vinny.
John

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:42 pm

John wrote:
alikhan28 wrote:You are working for British council and dont know these minor questions.
If she knew the answers to her questions, why would she be asking? I am disturbed to read that a new member of this Board has received such responses. Just because she works for the British Council does not mean that she is aware of UK immigration policy.

tee.bee, hopefully you have checked links provided by Vinny.
Well said John - how rude some folk are to people without even using a little thought. Perhaps these folk do not really know anything about the British Council :lol:

To tee.bee not all folk our like those posters. Most are very helpful John especially.
Hope
pennyless

HRY2005
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by HRY2005 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:38 pm

pennylessinindia wrote:
John wrote:
Well said John - how rude some folk are to people without even using a little thought. Perhaps these folk do not really know anything about the British Council :lol:

To tee.bee not all folk our like those posters. Most are very helpful John especially.
Hope
Just for the record, I didn't mean to be rude to the OP nor do I mean to discourage the OP from this board. I just thought as someone who worked for the British Council abroad would have access to information from the BHC in that country for first hand information(I have experience a case back home where the BHC refer us to the BC to get some more information)

I agree wholeheartedly with John and will be sending a PM to the OP to apologise and explain what I mean. I will not be rude to anybody on this forum as I always challenge rude and arrogant members and those who always have a cynical mind on other people's issues. I will never be rude to anyone and dont wanna come accross as a rude person bcos thats not who I am.

To pennylessinindia - no comment.

HRY
Live and let live