ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Thinking of going back to school

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tippy
Newly Registered

Thinking of going back to school

Post by Tippy » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:09 am

Hey guys, I got my PSW visa in March and have been looking for jobs with little luck. Initially I was thinking I'd give it till September before going back home but thanks to the support of my family, I can stay a little longer.

I was thinking that I might try and bolster my knowledge with a course either a short one or a uni based one.

If i go back to school either on a part time/full time basis will I need to apply for a student visa?

yi
Newly Registered

Post by yi » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:01 pm

to be honetly, i don't think you need to apply for student visa as your current visa is not yet expired i supposed, but if it does soon, u can swith to student visa depended on what type of course u are willing to do. i persume part-time is not accpetable. u might also bear in mind that home office's initial aim for giving people psw is to encourage them to switch asap into highr skilled migrant, isn't? if the time you spend within psw visa purpose, u may consider to get a proper job which would help u to extend ur visa in the future. hope the discussion might give u a hand.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Thinking of going back to school

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:26 pm

Tippy wrote:If i go back to school either on a part time/full time basis will I need to apply for a student visa?
Will be a problem if your course doesn't finish before your current PSW leave expires. Because then you'll need a CAS to apply for Tier 4 (student) leave to enter / remain and your institution may not issue a CAS in the middle of the course.

If your course finishes before the expiry of your PSW leave, then IMHO, no problem.

regards